Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information Post 302934577 by Ymir on Monday 9th of February 2015 12:37:28 AM
Old 02-09-2015
Linux Command To Find the System Configuration And Hardware Information

Hello guys.
I wanted to find the System Configuration and Hardware Information on one of my servers. Here is part of the cpu info:
Code:
  CPU core info:
  processor       : 0
  vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
  cpu family      : 6
  model           : 44
  model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5675  @ 3.07GHz
  stepping        : 2
  cpu MHz         : 3065.958
  cache size      : 12288 KB
  physical id     : 0
  siblings        : 1
  core id         : 255
  cpu cores       : 1
  fpu             : yes
  fpu_exception   : yes
  cpuid level     : 11
  wp              : yes
  flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov                                                                               pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp                                                                               lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cx16 xtpr popcnt lahf_lm
  bogomips        : 6135.94
  clflush size    : 64
  cache_alignment : 64
  address sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
  power management:

number of CPU cores:
  cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor | wc -l

then I googled the server type(ProLiant DL380 G7) and found this document:
HP ProLiant DL380 Generation 7 '('G7')' '('QuickSpecs'/'c04286665.pdf')'
If you take a look at it you'll see a conflict in number of cpu cores!!
Can you explain why this happened?
Someone told me it's because of the kernel version but I kind of doubt about it! Here is some info about our server:

Code:
Linux 2.6.9-89.0.0.0.1.ELsmp x86_64
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 8)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me find out system information

I'm just getting started with unix and would like to know 1) how to tell how big the harddrive is 2) how to tell if there are multiple harddrive installed on the machine 3) a relitavely easy way to tell what programs are installed on the machine. I'm using Sun OS 5.6 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ViperD
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris2.6 command to find/list system configuration

Hi. What command can be used to determine the system configuration. For example I want to find out how much CPU, how much memory, what CPU and 233mhz or 400mhz, etc. Please help.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhransu
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find information about the hardware?

Hello I used to Red Hat and the common Linux commands, but now I have to deal with a SCO-Unix (Unix Ware 7). I have to find information about the hardware. What networkcard is installed? What graphiccard is installed? Which SCSI-Adapter and what kind of harddisks? What software is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fwurm
3 Replies

4. Solaris

What command to check system hardware

What command can I run on a Solaris 8 server to check the hardware (ie number of processors, speed of processors, installed memory etc). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

5. Programming

Hardware information

How would I write a program in C that prints out the hardware the current computer has? And what about information about it? Thank you for your time. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubics
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris and Linux system information.

Hey, I have a program that takes more time on a solaris machine than on a linux machine. So I guess the best way to know whats going on is to compare the two systems ? CPU and Memory ? Is there any other parameter that I should look at ? So on the linux box I ran: And on the Solaris: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to find Hardware model in Solaris

Hi, I need a command to find the Hardware Model in Solaris 8,9,10,11. The command which I am using right now is: /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag The problem is in this output:- System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Netra T1 200 (UltraSPARC-IIe 500MHz) Here I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to get the Linux system information?

Hi, How to get the Linux system hardware and software basic information using terminal command ? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: OS Build Type:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Command to find the harddisk information

I tried to find the harddisk information using the command hdparm -i /dev/sda. But I couldn't get the info. Is there any similar command to find the harddisk serial number. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
5 Replies
LSCPU(1)							   User Commands							  LSCPU(1)

NAME
lscpu - display information about the CPU architecture SYNOPSIS
lscpu [-a|-b|-c] [-x] [-s directory] [-e[=list]|-p[=list]] lscpu -h|-V DESCRIPTION
lscpu gathers CPU architecture information from sysfs and /proc/cpuinfo. The command output can be optimized for parsing or for easy read- ability by humans. The information includes, for example, the number of CPUs, threads, cores, sockets, and Non-Uniform Memory Access (NUMA) nodes. There is also information about the CPU caches and cache sharing, family, model, bogoMIPS, byte order, and stepping. Options that result in an output table have a list argument. Use this argument to customize the command output. Specify a comma-separated list of column labels to limit the output table to only the specified columns, arranged in the specified order. See COLUMNS for a list of valid column labels. The column labels are not case sensitive. Not all columns are supported on all architectures. If an unsupported column is specified, lscpu prints the column but does not provide any data for it. COLUMNS CPU The logical CPU number of a CPU as used by the Linux kernel. CORE The logical core number. A core can contain several CPUs. SOCKET The logical socket number. A socket can contain several cores. BOOK The logical book number. A book can contain several sockets. NODE The logical NUMA node number. A node may contain several books. CACHE Information about how caches are shared between CPUs. ADDRESS The physical address of a CPU. ONLINE Indicator that shows whether the Linux instance currently makes use of the CPU. CONFIGURED Indicator that shows if the hypervisor has allocated the CPU to the virtual hardware on which the Linux instance runs. CPUs that are configured can be set online by the Linux instance. This column contains data only if your hardware system and hypervisor sup- port dynamic CPU resource allocation. POLARIZATION This column contains data for Linux instances that run on virtual hardware with a hypervisor that can switch the CPU dispatching mode (polarization). The polarization can be: horizontal The workload is spread across all available CPUs. vertical The workload is concentrated on few CPUs. For vertical polarization, the column also shows the degree of concentration, high, medium, or low. This column contains data only if your hardware system and hypervisor support CPU polarization. OPTIONS
-a, --all Include lines for online and offline CPUs in the output (default for -e). This option may only be specified together with option -e or -p. -b, --online Limit the output to online CPUs (default for -p). This option may only be specified together with option -e or -p. -c, --offline Limit the output to offline CPUs. This option may only be specified together with option -e or -p. -e, --extended[=list] Display the CPU information in human readable format. If the list argument is omitted, all columns for which data is available are included in the command output. When specifying the list argument, the string of option, equal sign (=), and list must not contain any blanks or other whitespace. Examples: '-e=cpu,node' or '--extended=cpu,node'. -h, --help Display help information and exit. -p, --parse[=list] Optimize the command output for easy parsing. If the list argument is omitted, the command output is compatible with earlier versions of lscpu. In this compatible format, two commas are used to separate CPU cache columns. If no CPU caches are identified the cache column is omitted. If the list argument is used, cache columns are separated with a colon (:). When specifying the list argument, the string of option, equal sign (=), and list must not contain any blanks or other whitespace. Examples: '-p=cpu,node' or '--parse=cpu,node'. -s, --sysroot directory Gather CPU data for a Linux instance other than the instance from which the lscpu command is issued. The specified directory is the system root of the Linux instance to be inspected. -x, --hex Use hexadecimal masks for CPU sets (for example 0x3). The default is to print the sets in list format (for example 0,1). -V, --version Display version information and exit. BUGS
The basic overview of CPU family, model, etc. is always based on the first CPU only. Sometimes in Xen Dom0 the kernel reports wrong data. On virtual hardware the number of cores per socket, etc. can be wrong. AUTHOR
Cai Qian <qcai@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com> SEE ALSO
chcpu(8) AVAILABILITY
The lscpu command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux January 2013 LSCPU(1)