Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Projects in Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris Projects in Solaris 10 Post 302934558 by br1an on Sunday 8th of February 2015 06:00:30 PM
Old 02-08-2015
Thanks, that command works like a charm.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix projects

I am currently studying to be a Unix programmer. I am at the very beginning stages taking an online course through guruischool. I know that this course will not be nearly enough for me to be a confident or competent unix programmer. However I was wondering what projects I can do at home that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder10
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interested in getting new projects

Hi , I am interested in getting some new projects on shell scripting . Can some one suggest me some bidding site where I can get the projects. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Users associated with projects

I have 3 projects for 3 oracle instances and 10-15 users associated with different projects is there any way i can list the users associated with all the projects .. i know one method of id -p but for that i have to su to each user The system was handed over to me configured by external vendor... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Projects / Tasks / Zones

Hi there Created some zones on my m5000, both going to be used for oracle. Been reading up about how solaris 10 has made tuning of the /etc/system file redundant and the use of rctladm / projects have taken over. Been reading the manuals, but my head is about to explode. Thought I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

5. Solaris

projects in Solaris 10 w/ Trusted Extensions

Is there a Solaris 10 BUG (with Trusted Extensions) with binding to a project? This is Solaris 10 32bit Intel and Oracle EE 10gRel2. I am being told that a project (/etc/project) will not bind to the user because of a Solaris bug. According to my admin people Solaris told my company this when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
2 Replies

6. Solaris

/etc/system to projects

Hi guys, me again! :D I recently migrated a physical server to a zone, everything works perfectly except the /etc/system parameters. I was expecting that the migration process would consider the entries in the /etc/system file and create automatically the corresponding project. I know, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
2 Replies
SG(1)                                                              User Commands                                                             SG(1)

NAME
sg - execute command as different group ID SYNOPSIS
sg [-] [group [-c ] command] DESCRIPTION
The sg command works similar to newgrp but accepts a command. The command will be executed with the /bin/sh shell. With most shells you may run sg from, you need to enclose multi-word commands in quotes. Another difference between newgrp and sg is that some shells treat newgrp specially, replacing themselves with a new instance of a shell that newgrp creates. This doesn't happen with sg, so upon exit from a sg command you are returned to your previous group ID. CONFIGURATION
The following configuration variables in /etc/login.defs change the behavior of this tool: SYSLOG_SG_ENAB (boolean) Enable "syslog" logging of sg activity. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shadow Secure user account information. /etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
id(1), login(1), newgrp(1), su(1), gpasswd(1), group(5), gshadow(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 SG(1)