Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers When loading Linux "loading please wait.." then nothing? Post 302934478 by markhow30 on Saturday 7th of February 2015 02:13:12 PM
Old 02-07-2015
Wrench When loading Linux "loading please wait.." then nothing?

Hi everyone,

I have a problem but I have never installed a separate OS before so my lingo and understanding may not be as good as some of you. I will try and explain my problem best I can. I am trying to instead of loading Windows 7 when my computer starts up, for it to start linux specifically tails (a type of linux, I think). I have followed instructions online and have managed to get tails onto my USB stick, when my computer is loading I press F2 or F8 (forget which now) and a screen comes up asking me to select Live or Live (failsafe) I am told to select Live so I do. After this, a login screen should appear however all that happens is the following:

Decompressing Linux ... Parsing ELF ... done.
Booting the kernel.
Loading, please wait...
_

Appears for a split second then goes, a loading bar (blue and white) then appears at the very bottom of my screen, once complete ..

"early console in decompress_kernel

Decompressing Linux ... Parsing ELF ... done.
Booting the kernel.
Loading, please wait...
_"

appears again.

The _ keeps blinking, I have been watching it for well over an hour (it is doing nothing) at one point my screen even went blank so I thought it had finished so I pressed a key and the screen lit back up to show me the same message.

I have tried to load tails on 3 seperate computers and it does the same thing every time. I have re-downloaded tails (version 1.2.3, released 14 Jan) just incase it was a version problem. I am at my whits end here I have no idea what to do, please any help would be appreciated thank you.

Last edited by markhow30; 02-07-2015 at 03:36 PM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function loading in a shell scripting like class loading in java

Like class loader in java, can we make a function loader in shell script, for this can someone throw some light on how internally bash runs a shell script , what happenes in runtime ... thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpsc_sela
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exception while loading DB2 driver Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver")

Hi... I m working on UNIX z/OS. Actually i have to pass the parameters from the JCL to java-db2 program thru PARM. I am able to pass the arguments but the problem occured is, it is throwing an exception while loading the db2 driver as 'Javaclassnotfound:com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujatha Gowda
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loading ".cfg" file from different directory

Greetings. In sh or bash How do you load a conf file (full of variables / functions) from a different directory in your script? That way my main script can be function free so i just have to call the functions from my cfg file. I have this setup. Scripts in : $HOME/scripts/shl (it's in my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script in background and wait using "wait" in while loop

Hi, I am facing a strange issue, when i call a script from my while loop in background it doesnt go in background, despite the wait i put below the whil loop it goes forward even before the process put in background is completed. cat abc.txt | while read -u4 line do #if line contains #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
2 Replies
HOL-LIGHT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      HOL-LIGHT(1)

NAME
hol-light - HOL Light interactive theorem prover SYNOPSIS
hol-light [options...] DESCRIPTION
The command hol-light is a simple wrapper for calling ocaml and loading the HOL Light basic definitions (by loading /usr/share/hol- light/hol.ml instead of .ocamlinit as initialization file). Loading these definitions takes about 2 minutes on modern hardware, please be patient. All options and other arguments are passed as options to ocaml. If you have a readline-editor such as rlwrap, ledit or rlfe installed, the hol-light ocaml toplevel is wrapped in readline-editor. Install just one of these readline editors or configure your preferred one via the alternative system. SEE ALSO
ocaml(1), readline-editor(1), rlwrap(1), ledit(1), rlfe(1) HOL Light documentation at http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~jrh13/hol-light/ AUTHOR
The hol-light script and this manual page were written by Hendrik Tews <hendrik@askra.de>, specifically for the Debian project (and may be used by others). March 16, 2012 HOL-LIGHT(1)