Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Any Good resources to learn Python Post 302934238 by sea on Thursday 5th of February 2015 01:41:16 PM
Old 02-05-2015
Heya, i found these links very helpfull:
The Python Tutorial
Learn Python The Hard Way

hth

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Newbie: need good resources

I'm a network guy that needs some help with UNIX/PERL. My ultimate goal is to go through my firewall/perimter router logs and do DNS lookups, WHOIS, etc. on the denied traffic. I eventually would like to learn in detail but now just need the minimum to get started. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swynkoop
2 Replies

2. Linux

Looking for a good book to learn LINUX

I have just transferred from an mainframe DB2 area to an area that uses LINUX. Any suggestions for a good book to buy for learning LINUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigdawg
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Good sites to learn EMC symmetrix

i need to learn this very quick. i'm not trying delve deep into it. just enough to do basic things. does anyone know of any good sites to visit?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is a good place to learn basic shell scripting? Thanks!

See the title. Originally wasn't going to type anything but I need a message of at least 10 characters! :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deutchap6verse5
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a good unix to learn

i want to learn unix and i was wondering if someone could give me a direction to take in which my learning would be easier i started programming in school but i want to know more than what they teach us i am running on win xp which i dont specially like but... so if someone could give me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: staind_art
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

good book to learn korn shell scripting

which is a gud book to learn advanced korn shell scripting? i know the basic shell scripting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
1 Replies

7. Programming

Good book to learn C

I'd like to learn C but I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a good book to start with. I came across some folks who said the best one is 'The C programming language, second edition' but some reviews said that it's not for beginners. I am learning Java and UNIX on my Mac and am familiar with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
6 Replies

8. Programming

Trying to learn python

Hi , This is my 1st program in python never tried any python before. i am trying to write a python script which reads a .tsv file line by line and in each line it should look for mm/dd/yyyy formate and replace it with yyyy/mm/dd formate . can some one provide be some sample code to do that.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a good book to learn UNIX Shell Scripting

I'm going to be starting a job in a month or so that I need to brush up on my Unix shell scripting skills. About 15 years ago, I took a college class for Unix shell scripting. I would like to find a good college book again, rather than just going to Amazon and just buying anything. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorlow
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)