Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep lines before a pattern having some other pattern Post 302934194 by RudiC on Thursday 5th of February 2015 08:28:32 AM
Old 02-05-2015
No. Not clear.

I don't think your grep pipe will result in what you post, as SESSION DESCRIPTIONis in line 26 while Thread is in 38.

I'd propose to look into awk to get close to what you need.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to grep (say)last-3 and next-3 lines of Desired Pattern

Hi All, OS-Type=Sun-OS 5.8 Sparc9 Processor Can I grep the previous 4 lines and next 4 lines of a matched pattern(context grep)? For example here we need to monitor logs of live traffic.The data obtained from "tail -f LiveTrafficData.log" looks something like this:-... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujan Banerjee
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep with 8 lines before and after pattern.

OK. I have a file I'd like to be able to grep, but on top of returning the line where the pattern matches, I'd like to be able to get the previous 8 lines and the following 8 lines. Is there a way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep: get last 3 lines containing PATTERN from many files

Hi all, I am looking for a quick solution for this: I have many log files of an iterative program, and I would like to display the parameters of the last three iteration from each of those files. Relevant lines have the keyword: ITER I am using: tac ~/modeling*/fitting.log | grep -m 3 -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnemeth
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep pattern and display all lines below

Hi I need to grep for a patter and display all lines below the pattern. For ex: say my file has the below lines file1 file2 file3 file4 file5 I NEED to grep for patter file3 and display all lines below the pattern. do we have an option to get this data. Let me know if you require... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
5 Replies

7. AIX

Grep a pattern and print following n lines

Hi all, I am struck with the below requirement. I need to grep a particular pattern in a file and then print next n lines of it for further processing. I have used the below code grep -A 3 "pattern" filename But it is throwing error as below. grep: illegal option -- A Can... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v lines starting with pattern 1 and not matching pattern 2

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to view this! I want to grep out all lines of a file that starts with pattern 1 but also does not match with the second pattern. Example: Drink a soda Eat a banana Eat multiple bananas Drink an apple juice Eat an apple Eat multiple apples I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep all lines with the pattern .sh

Linux version : Oracle Linux 6.5 Shell : bash In the the below text file (someString.text), I want to grep all lines with .sh in it. ie. Only the lines mysript.sh and anotherscript.sh should be returned. My below attempts failed. I gather that in regular expression world, dot (.) is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies
SET SESSION 
AUTHORIZATION(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION(7) NAME
SET_SESSION_AUTHORIZATION - set the session user identifier and the current user identifier of the current session SYNOPSIS
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION user_name SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT RESET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DESCRIPTION
This command sets the session user identifier and the current user identifier of the current SQL session to be user_name. The user name can be written as either an identifier or a string literal. Using this command, it is possible, for example, to temporarily become an unprivileged user and later switch back to being a superuser. The session user identifier is initially set to be the (possibly authenticated) user name provided by the client. The current user identifier is normally equal to the session user identifier, but might change temporarily in the context of SECURITY DEFINER functions and similar mechanisms; it can also be changed by SET ROLE (SET_ROLE(7)). The current user identifier is relevant for permission checking. The session user identifier can be changed only if the initial session user (the authenticated user) had the superuser privilege. Otherwise, the command is accepted only if it specifies the authenticated user name. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers act the same as for the regular SET(7) command. The DEFAULT and RESET forms reset the session and current user identifiers to be the originally authenticated user name. These forms can be executed by any user. NOTES
SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION cannot be used within a SECURITY DEFINER function. EXAMPLES
SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- peter | peter SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION 'paul'; SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- paul | paul COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard allows some other expressions to appear in place of the literal user_name, but these options are not important in practice. PostgreSQL allows identifier syntax ("username"), which SQL does not. SQL does not allow this command during a transaction; PostgreSQL does not make this restriction because there is no reason to. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers are a PostgreSQL extension, as is the RESET syntax. The privileges necessary to execute this command are left implementation-defined by the standard. SEE ALSO
SET ROLE (SET_ROLE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION(7)