Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Anyway to do ufsdump os backup to usb drives Post 302934133 by sparcguy on Thursday 5th of February 2015 12:50:16 AM
Old 02-05-2015
hmm .. looks like there is no proven method of recovery using usb flash drives, I have LTO3 drives but my customer not keen to buy vhdci cards.

Has anybody used usb to vhdci without issues on solaris 10?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mounting USB Drives in Solaris 9 x86

I'm trying to moun my external USB Mass Storage Drive (80GB) in my Solaris 9 box, I am new to Solaris, and kind of new to linux / unix variants. The external HD contains windows files, but I will be using it as a central storage area for my windows/ linux clients. Thanks -- N:confused:C (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: N0C717
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

USB Thumb Drives

I'm hunting around for thumb drives that aren't working. Something you may have kicking around in a drawer that you don't need any more. One you've upgraded and just don't need. I'm willing to pay a couple bucks for you to drop it into an envelope with a few stamps and send it along. I'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

USB Flash Drives

Can Solaris/any GNU/Linux distros/ any flavor of FreeBSD be booted, right from aUSB flash drive? Mine's the one pictured here. SanDisk | Products | USB Flash Drives | SanDisk CruzerŽ Titanium Plus USB Flash Drive Also, on a completely unrelated note (just so I don't have to fill up forum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: led3234
4 Replies

4. Solaris

using ufsdump to backup on cd_room...plzzzzzzz help me

hi, am trying to backup data on cd, cuz i don not have tape device....!!! am using solaris 10 for x86 on vmware ..... how to make a backup data to a cd_rom againist to tape ? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused: # ufsdump 0f - cd_rom :eek: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasame
6 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris ethernet card and mounting usb drives

I had installed soalris 10 on my dell vostro 1400.It had installed succefully. If i type ifconfig -a it is showing only my loop back adpater. So how to tell me how to mount my usb drive and how to configure my lan ethernet card,My lan ethernet card is Broadcom. Tell me step... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testerindia25
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ufsdump backup duration

hi, i'm trying to figure out how to tell the amount of time a ufsdump of a directory takes. i use the below command: echo "Starting Backup of u4" >> /backup/backup.log 2>&1 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u4 >> /backup/backup.log 2>&1 echo "Finished Backup of u4" >> /backup/backup.log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Using ufsrestore from a DAT tape of ufsdump backup

hi, was wondering if there is a problem with the patches, and if we wish to restore everything back to square one, how should we go about using ufsrestore from a DAT tape of ufsdump backup data ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Exposure
1 Replies

8. Solaris

possible to do ufsdump backup without a tape drive ?

hi friends, i am trying to patch a solaris 9 server. However i need to do a ufsdump backup before any patching. There is no hardware port for connecting the tape drive. Any other ways to do a ufsdump ? :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Multiple Backups to USB 1TB Drives using dd

First of all, great web site! I have been using it for a while but just registered today. It's been a great resource for me. Now, on to my issue.;) I'm geographically separated from six (Sun v245s) development servers that I have been asked to backup and restore as development is done and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShawnD41
11 Replies
usb-devices(8)							Linux USB Utilities						    usb-devices(8)

NAME
usb-devices - print USB device details SYNOPSIS
usb-devices DESCRIPTION
usb-devices is a (bash) shell script that can be used to display details of USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. The output of the script is similar to the usb/devices file available either under /proc/bus (if usbfs is mounted), or under /sys/ker- nel/debug (if debugfs is mounted there). The script is primairily intended to be used if the file is not available. In contrast to the usb/devices file, this script only lists active interfaces (those marked with a "*" in the usb/devices file) and their endpoints. Be advised that there can be differences in the way information is sorted, as well as in the format of the output. RETURN VALUE
If sysfs is not mounted, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb* The part of the sysfs tree the script walks through to assemble the printed information. /proc/bus/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernels before 2.6.31, if usbfs is mounted. /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernel 2.6.31 and later, if debugfs is mounted. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), usbview(8). AUTHORS
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> usbutils-0.84 23 June 2009 usb-devices(8)