Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex File Move
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complex File Move Post 302934112 by migurus on Wednesday 4th of February 2015 05:57:52 PM
Old 02-04-2015
Please show a sample of the filenames, as well as how the date range is specified to help us understand how matching of names to date ranges and file types is done.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex file count problem

Hi all! I have a question regarding possibilities to do line counts. SEARCH_VAR=TEX rsh $REM_HOST -l $REM_USER "cd $REM_DIR; ls *$SEARCH_VAR* 2> /dev/null" | sort -n | awk 'BEGIN { FS = "-" } ; { print $1"\t"$0 }' Will produce an output on the screen like this: 483 483-SOME-TEXT-1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbergstrom74
1 Replies

2. Programming

Need to modify contents of file with complex patterns.

hi, my fstab file content is like this along with some other lines: /dev/vg0/var1 /var1 ext3 defaults 0 2 /dev/vg0/flx1 /flx1 ext3 defaults 0 2 /dev/vg0/var /var ext3 defaults 0 1 /dev/vg0/flx /flx ext3 defaults 0 2 I want to remove lines with /dev/vg0/var and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: success
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a complex file using awk

I have a file that contains the following format delete from table1; delete from table2; insert into table1 (col1, col2) values (value1, value2)@ insert into table1 (col1, col2) values(value3, value4)@ insert into table2(col1, col2,col3) values(value1, value2, value3)@ etc etc This is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hukcjv
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search 3 file and write to 4th file (a bit complex)

hi buddies; rollbackip.txt:10.14.3.65 2 10.14.3.65 3 ... lookup.txt: ... 10.14.3.65 2 10.14.5.55 1 55 10.14.6.66 1 66 10.14.3.65 3 10.14.7.77 3 77 10.14.8.88 2 88 10.14.9.99 4 99 ... ip-port.txt ... port111 3 10.14.5.55 57 port111 2 10.14.5.55 51 port111 1 10.14.5.55 59 ->... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a complex log file

I have a log file that has many SQL statements/queries/blocks and their resultant output (success or failure) added to each of them. I need to pick up all the statements which caused errors and write them to a separate file. On most cases, the SQL statement is a single line, like DROP . And if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: exchequer598
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting complex file with awk

i have a file ddd.txt its delimiter is : but has , and "" within each column as below and also each line ends with ; I_EP,"29":I_US,"120":I_P_ID,"2020":I_NEW,"600":I_OLD,"400":I_POW,"4.5":I_NAME,"TOM";... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzinga80
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Position of the string in a complex file

I had a similar problem few days back and got this fixed with the below command when I have a file with this format GS*12345***** ST*1******** A* B* E* RMR*123455(This is the unique number to locate this row) F* SE*1*** GE*12345* GS*878787***** ST*2 H* J* RMR*567889(This is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex file matching

Hello All, I have two files on which I have to do "pattern" based matching and need to place the records to "Matched" and "Unmatched" output files respectively. Here we go: cat file1 ft , * , *, prem , odacc ftpr , * ,* , prem , odacc ft,aa,*,*,odacc ft,*,*,*,* *,*,*,odacc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
2 Replies

9. Programming

How to replace the complex strings from a file using sed or awk?

Dear All, I am having a requirement to find the difference between 2 files and generate a discrepancy report out of it as an html page. I prefer using diff -y file1 file2 since it gives user friendly layout to know any discrepancy in the record and unique records among the 2 file. Here's how it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Badhrish
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the specific content from the complex file

Hi, I have a file with complex data without delimiter, have requirement to fetch the specific record based on some charcters. here is my file data ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
12 Replies
sttime(3)						    ShapeTools Toolkit Library							 sttime(3)

NAME
stMktime, stWriteTime - date and time handling SYNOPSIS
#include <config.h> #include <sttk.h.h> time_tstMktime (char *string); char*stWriteTime (time_t date); DESCRIPTION
stMktime scans the given string and tries to read a date and time from it. It understands various formats of date strings. The following is a list of all valid formats, optional parts in brackets. [Tue] Jan 5[,] [19]93 This includes the standard asctime(3) format. Jan 5 With no year given, the year defaults to the current year. [19]93/01/05 This notation requires month and day represented by exactly two digits. 5.1.[19]93 This is the usual German notation. 5.1. German notation referencing the current year. A certain time, given together with the date must always have the following form. hours:minutes[:seconds] Each of the fields must be an integer value within the proper range (hours: 0-23, minutes and seconds: 0-59). Values below 10 may be written as one digit numbers. The time value may be placed anywhere in the date string: at the beginning, at the end, or somewhere in the middle. Any amount of white- space may be given between a field of the time value and the separating colon. The time is always considered to be local time. stWriteTime generates a time string similar to asctime(3) from its date argument. SEE ALSO
asctime(3) BUGS
Time Zone Names within the time string (like `MET') are not handled properly. In most cases they will cause a failure. sttk-1.7 Thu Jun 24 17:43:35 1993 sttime(3)