Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex File Move
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complex File Move Post 302934106 by WildBeard83 on Wednesday 4th of February 2015 05:34:12 PM
Old 02-04-2015
Complex File Move

Hello,
This is my first post, so please forgive my obvious lack of UNIX knowledge. I am trying/needing to write a script that follows this functional flow:

1. Access a config file that contains format:

Code:
<directory> <filetype> <daterange> 

per row, with no limit on the number of rows.

2. Copy these files meeting this criteria to a temp folder and zip them, using the current date/time as the zip file name.

This executable needs to be run daily at midnight (via crontab)?

Thank you for helping me solve this! Smilie

Last edited by rbatte1; 02-05-2015 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags and correct spelling of crontab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex file count problem

Hi all! I have a question regarding possibilities to do line counts. SEARCH_VAR=TEX rsh $REM_HOST -l $REM_USER "cd $REM_DIR; ls *$SEARCH_VAR* 2> /dev/null" | sort -n | awk 'BEGIN { FS = "-" } ; { print $1"\t"$0 }' Will produce an output on the screen like this: 483 483-SOME-TEXT-1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbergstrom74
1 Replies

2. Programming

Need to modify contents of file with complex patterns.

hi, my fstab file content is like this along with some other lines: /dev/vg0/var1 /var1 ext3 defaults 0 2 /dev/vg0/flx1 /flx1 ext3 defaults 0 2 /dev/vg0/var /var ext3 defaults 0 1 /dev/vg0/flx /flx ext3 defaults 0 2 I want to remove lines with /dev/vg0/var and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: success
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a complex file using awk

I have a file that contains the following format delete from table1; delete from table2; insert into table1 (col1, col2) values (value1, value2)@ insert into table1 (col1, col2) values(value3, value4)@ insert into table2(col1, col2,col3) values(value1, value2, value3)@ etc etc This is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hukcjv
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search 3 file and write to 4th file (a bit complex)

hi buddies; rollbackip.txt:10.14.3.65 2 10.14.3.65 3 ... lookup.txt: ... 10.14.3.65 2 10.14.5.55 1 55 10.14.6.66 1 66 10.14.3.65 3 10.14.7.77 3 77 10.14.8.88 2 88 10.14.9.99 4 99 ... ip-port.txt ... port111 3 10.14.5.55 57 port111 2 10.14.5.55 51 port111 1 10.14.5.55 59 ->... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a complex log file

I have a log file that has many SQL statements/queries/blocks and their resultant output (success or failure) added to each of them. I need to pick up all the statements which caused errors and write them to a separate file. On most cases, the SQL statement is a single line, like DROP . And if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: exchequer598
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting complex file with awk

i have a file ddd.txt its delimiter is : but has , and "" within each column as below and also each line ends with ; I_EP,"29":I_US,"120":I_P_ID,"2020":I_NEW,"600":I_OLD,"400":I_POW,"4.5":I_NAME,"TOM";... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzinga80
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Position of the string in a complex file

I had a similar problem few days back and got this fixed with the below command when I have a file with this format GS*12345***** ST*1******** A* B* E* RMR*123455(This is the unique number to locate this row) F* SE*1*** GE*12345* GS*878787***** ST*2 H* J* RMR*567889(This is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex file matching

Hello All, I have two files on which I have to do "pattern" based matching and need to place the records to "Matched" and "Unmatched" output files respectively. Here we go: cat file1 ft , * , *, prem , odacc ftpr , * ,* , prem , odacc ft,aa,*,*,odacc ft,*,*,*,* *,*,*,odacc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
2 Replies

9. Programming

How to replace the complex strings from a file using sed or awk?

Dear All, I am having a requirement to find the difference between 2 files and generate a discrepancy report out of it as an html page. I prefer using diff -y file1 file2 since it gives user friendly layout to know any discrepancy in the record and unique records among the 2 file. Here's how it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Badhrish
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the specific content from the complex file

Hi, I have a file with complex data without delimiter, have requirement to fetch the specific record based on some charcters. here is my file data ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
12 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)