Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailing multiple PNG attachments using sendmail Post 302934093 by ajayram_arya on Wednesday 4th of February 2015 02:31:37 PM
Old 02-04-2015
Code Mailing multiple PNG attachments using sendmail

Need assistance in using the below script and having multiple png file attachments in the same script . Your inputs are appreciated. I dont have uuencode , I use either mailx, sendmail, mpack .

Code:
( echo "to: samplemail@somewhere.com"
  echo "from: samplemail@elsewhere.com"
  echo "subject: sending file.jpg"
  echo "mime-version: 1.0"
  echo "content-type: multipart/related; boundary=xxxRANDOMSTRINGxxx"
  echo
  echo "--xxxRANDOMSTRINGxxx"
  echo "content-type: text/plain"
  echo
  echo "Body of the message goes here"
  echo "Here is file.jpg for your viewing pleasure"
  echo
  echo "--xxxRANDOMSTRINGxxx"
  echo "content-type: image/gif; name=file.png"
  echo "content-transfer-encoding: base64"
  echo
  openssl base64 < file.png ) | sendmail -t -i

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

multiple attachments

how can you send multiple attachments in 1 email, usually I just use uuencode to send 1 attachment. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
5 Replies

2. How do I send email?

multiple attachments

how can you send multiple attachments in 1 email, usually I just use uuencode to send 1 attachment. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailing with attachments in mail command in HP-UX Release 11i

Hi Can some one tell me how to send a mail with body and file attached in a shell sript, in HP-UX Release 11i. i did code in AIX and it works fine but i guess here in HP-UX release.. there's some syntax change which i;m not able to make out.. TIA, Ronnie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachments

Dear all, I've been working with AIX for, um, 15 years now and I have read all I can about the above, but I am stuck. Everything seems to point to using sendmail on the command line to embed a uuencoded attatchment will not work. Using something like "(cat plain.txt;uuencode attach.file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachments

Hi, I got the following script from Ygor on this site: #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email_address" export CONTENT="/export/home/aisdba/email_body.html" export SUBJECT="subject of email" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suthera
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

E-mailing Multiple Attachments in AIX

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to write ascript on AIX 5.3, that will e-mail all filles within a directory. But on executing a script , it sends only 1 file from the directory alongwith some Junk data. I have searched whole forum and almost used all the suggestions, but still getting same problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gem_In_I
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Script: Gmail cannot find attachments

Hi. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see the message with the attachment, but if I try to view or download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Png Attachments

I use sendmail to send html emails, my script works perfect and sends email with plain text attachment. Now i need to attache png file to the email and this attachment part is not working. ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $TO" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail gz Attachments

Hi All, I have a problem again with sendmail content type . I am trying to attach the gz file to the html email but couldnt figure out even after extensive google. Here is my code. ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail - Attachments & Subjects

Hi All, Not been around in a while. However I have been all over tinternet (google) for days looking for a solution. Where I work has decided to use Sendmail on our Linux and Unix estate for sending emails via scripts. So I am hoping to eventually get a working solution for Sendmail and not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
3 Replies
SMRSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SMRSH(8)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for sh for use in the ``prog'' mailer in sendmail(8) configuration files. It sharply limits the commands that can be run using the ``|program'' syntax of sendmail in order to improve the over all security of your system. Briefly, even if a ``bad guy'' can get sendmail to run a program without going through an alias or forward file, smrsh limits the set of programs that he or she can execute. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in a single directory, by default /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ allowing the system administrator to choose the set of acceptable commands, and to the shell builtin commands ``exec'', ``exit'', and ``echo''. It also rejects any commands with the characters ``', `<', `>', `;', `$', `(', `)', ` ' (carriage return), or ` ' (newline) on the command line to prevent ``end run'' attacks. It allows ``||'' and ``&&'' to enable commands like: ``"|exec /usr/local/bin/filter || exit 75"'' Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/home/server/mydir/bin/vaca- tion'', and ``vacation'' all actually forward to `/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/vacation''. System administrators should be conservative about populating the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory. For example, a reasonable additions is vacation(1), and the like. No matter how brow-beaten you may be, never include any shell or shell-like program (such as perl(1)) in the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory. Note that this does not restrict the use of shell or perl scripts in the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory (using the ``#!'' syntax); it simply disallows execution of arbitrary programs. Also, including mail filtering programs such as procmail(1) is a very bad idea. procmail(1) allows users to run arbitrary programs in their procmailrc(5). COMPILATION
Compilation should be trivial on most systems. You may need to use -DSMRSH_PATH="path" to adjust the default search path (defaults to ``/bin:/usr/bin'') and/or -DSMRSH_CMDDIR="dir" to change the default program directory (defaults to ``/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/''). FILES
/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ - default directory for restricted programs on SuSE Linux SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) $Date: 2004/08/06 03:55:35 $ SMRSH(8)