Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX inquiry for 'awk'
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX inquiry for 'awk' Post 302934084 by steven_huskie on Wednesday 4th of February 2015 01:12:47 PM
Old 02-04-2015
Hello RudiC,

What my code does is to read all the data from contracts_report.txt line per line then output the result in output.txt

contracts_report.txt contains the data.
output.txt = result

Code:
$ more reports_contract.sh 
#!/bin/sh

SPECS=<path>
OUTPUT_DIR=<path>
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<path>:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PATH=<path>:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH
export SPECS
sub="%"

cat $SPECS/contracts_report.txt | while IFS= read -r line
do

echo exit | sqlplus -S -L '<username>/<pass>@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=<DB host>)(Port=<DB port>))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=<SERVICE_NAME>)))' @$SPECS/<sql query>"'$line$sub'" >> $SPECS/output.txt

done

But I want the result to be in a neat column format, no need to sort. Smilie

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-04-2015 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uniX iNQUIry from a newbie

hi, i would like to study unix but i don't have the software for me to test the scripts that i read from the book and from the internet. I would like to ask anyones help to please tell me link wer i can download for free the unix system. I would be glad to receive your replies. thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: youdexter
2 Replies

2. Programming

Performance inquiry...guestimate better approach

So, I've been told and heard a million times that malloc and free are expensive calls to be avoided. So many times I avoid malloc by reusing already allocated memory blocks. Store them on free lists somewhere myself and don't call free when I know malloc will be called very shortly thereafter. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
6 Replies

3. Linux

slave bind name resolution inquiry

hi. i configured a master and slave bind server on my vmware test network. i used nslookup to the slave name server to lookup a fake entry for network.com that the master dns set, however, the slave is resolving the real ip of www.network.com, instead of what the master dns server set. i checked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Firewall / Network isolation inquiry

Good morning folks, A good friend of mine has a network where every host has two paths to the file servers (two NICs & two networks for all hosts). Normally speaking, one network will be used for regular application traffic - license servers, itunes library, collaboration tools - while the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avronius
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Offline Agents Inquiry.

Hello, I currently use Solaris, and typically I use the svcs -a | grep PROCESS to see if it's online or Offline. My questions is SVCS is in solaris but if I want to find out if a daemon or process is offline what other methods can I use? ps -ef | grep PROCESS "what do I look for" or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inquiry on Grabbing info from file.

Here is another script I am trying to customize currently, this script is used to send me disk space information, but at the moment I have to enter all the servers in manually SERVER= "xxx bbb ccc" ect.. how can I script it so that the servers are called off a txt file versus me entering all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Inquiry

Hi Everyone! I'm new with UNIX,so, sorry if this question seems really dumb.:( Anyway, I'd just like if it's possible to automatically inform someone (via mail or pop-up box or something) that a file has been recently uploaded/received to the UNIX box? If it is, any advice on how to get that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam04
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Inquiry for Automatic Sending

Hi Everyone! I'm new with UNIX,so, sorry if this question seems really dumb.:( Anyway, I'd just like if it's possible to automatically inform someone (via mail or pop-up box or something) that a file has been recently uploaded/received to the UNIX box? If it is, any advice on how to get that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jam04
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inquiry: NIS configuration setup

Hello, Good day. I would like to ask for your inputs on this scenario. Currently, we have a NIS virtual machine with a Solaris 10 (32-bit) OS. And also we have another virtual machine with the same OS. And I am asked to set-up a secondary NIS on this another VM, bring down the primary NIS and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Server and Solaris 7 Inquiry

Greetings! Will be firing up the good ole pizza box, soon. Does anyone know if Solaris 7 is still okay to use? Last time I attempted was 2006. Thank you in advance, ControlTomato (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ControlTomato
6 Replies