Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Any Good resources to learn Python Post 302934042 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 4th of February 2015 09:20:21 AM
Old 02-04-2015
I've generally found O'Reilly books to be well put together with examples to lead you through. There may be access to sections of the books on the internet to see if you like them. Some retailers let you preview, so to speak.

There are doubtless many other sources too that a carefully crafted search may get you. Phrases such a "python introduction" or similar may get better results that too many more common words.

Regards,
Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Newbie: need good resources

I'm a network guy that needs some help with UNIX/PERL. My ultimate goal is to go through my firewall/perimter router logs and do DNS lookups, WHOIS, etc. on the denied traffic. I eventually would like to learn in detail but now just need the minimum to get started. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swynkoop
2 Replies

2. Linux

Looking for a good book to learn LINUX

I have just transferred from an mainframe DB2 area to an area that uses LINUX. Any suggestions for a good book to buy for learning LINUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigdawg
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Good sites to learn EMC symmetrix

i need to learn this very quick. i'm not trying delve deep into it. just enough to do basic things. does anyone know of any good sites to visit?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is a good place to learn basic shell scripting? Thanks!

See the title. Originally wasn't going to type anything but I need a message of at least 10 characters! :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deutchap6verse5
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a good unix to learn

i want to learn unix and i was wondering if someone could give me a direction to take in which my learning would be easier i started programming in school but i want to know more than what they teach us i am running on win xp which i dont specially like but... so if someone could give me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: staind_art
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

good book to learn korn shell scripting

which is a gud book to learn advanced korn shell scripting? i know the basic shell scripting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
1 Replies

7. Programming

Good book to learn C

I'd like to learn C but I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a good book to start with. I came across some folks who said the best one is 'The C programming language, second edition' but some reviews said that it's not for beginners. I am learning Java and UNIX on my Mac and am familiar with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
6 Replies

8. Programming

Trying to learn python

Hi , This is my 1st program in python never tried any python before. i am trying to write a python script which reads a .tsv file line by line and in each line it should look for mm/dd/yyyy formate and replace it with yyyy/mm/dd formate . can some one provide be some sample code to do that.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a good book to learn UNIX Shell Scripting

I'm going to be starting a job in a month or so that I need to brush up on my Unix shell scripting skills. About 15 years ago, I took a college class for Unix shell scripting. I would like to find a good college book again, rather than just going to Amazon and just buying anything. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorlow
2 Replies
rpload(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rpload(1)

NAME
rpload - pine remote data utility SYNTAX
rpload [ -f ] [ -s trimSize ] -t Type -l Local_file -r Remote_folder DESCRIPTION
Rpload may be used to convert local Pine configuration files or address books into remote configurations or address books. It is intended to be used by system administrators. Regular users should normally use the facilities provided within Pine. Local_file will usually be a user's pine configuration file, and Remote_folder is the IMAP folder which will be used (with the help of Pine's -p, -P, and -x commands or PINECONF, PINERC, and PINERCEX environment variables) as the user's remote configuration folder. A copy of Local_file will be placed in the folder with the correct header lines to satisfy Pine. -f Force the load even if the remote folder is in the wrong format. This will delete the contents of the folder so use it carefully. -s trimSize If the number of messages in the remote folder is more than one plus trimsize (one is for the header message), then messages 2, 3, and so on will be deleted until there are only one plus trimsize messages left. If this option is not set no trimming will be done. -t Type The possible Types are pinerc, abook, and sig. (Sig is mostly obsolete. Literal signatures contained within the remote pinerc should be used instead.) -l Local_file The file on this system that is to be copied. -r Remote_folder A remote folder name to be copied to. See the Pine documentation for the syntax of a remote folder name. One example is {my.imap.server}remote_pinerc. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if all goes well, -1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
Rpdump(1). Copyright 1989-2001 by the University of Washington. Pine and Pico are trademarks of the University of Washington. $Date: 2001/10/01 19:24:03 $ rpload(1)