Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Any Good resources to learn Python Post 302934035 by srkmish on Wednesday 4th of February 2015 08:06:55 AM
Old 02-04-2015
Any Good resources to learn Python

Hi Guys,

I will be doing my masters in Comp science in a few months. I would like to get intimate with python by ideally doing a project based tutorial. Is there any good resource for learning python with an end project in mind. ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Newbie: need good resources

I'm a network guy that needs some help with UNIX/PERL. My ultimate goal is to go through my firewall/perimter router logs and do DNS lookups, WHOIS, etc. on the denied traffic. I eventually would like to learn in detail but now just need the minimum to get started. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swynkoop
2 Replies

2. Linux

Looking for a good book to learn LINUX

I have just transferred from an mainframe DB2 area to an area that uses LINUX. Any suggestions for a good book to buy for learning LINUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigdawg
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Good sites to learn EMC symmetrix

i need to learn this very quick. i'm not trying delve deep into it. just enough to do basic things. does anyone know of any good sites to visit?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is a good place to learn basic shell scripting? Thanks!

See the title. Originally wasn't going to type anything but I need a message of at least 10 characters! :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deutchap6verse5
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a good unix to learn

i want to learn unix and i was wondering if someone could give me a direction to take in which my learning would be easier i started programming in school but i want to know more than what they teach us i am running on win xp which i dont specially like but... so if someone could give me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: staind_art
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

good book to learn korn shell scripting

which is a gud book to learn advanced korn shell scripting? i know the basic shell scripting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
1 Replies

7. Programming

Good book to learn C

I'd like to learn C but I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a good book to start with. I came across some folks who said the best one is 'The C programming language, second edition' but some reviews said that it's not for beginners. I am learning Java and UNIX on my Mac and am familiar with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
6 Replies

8. Programming

Trying to learn python

Hi , This is my 1st program in python never tried any python before. i am trying to write a python script which reads a .tsv file line by line and in each line it should look for mm/dd/yyyy formate and replace it with yyyy/mm/dd formate . can some one provide be some sample code to do that.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a good book to learn UNIX Shell Scripting

I'm going to be starting a job in a month or so that I need to brush up on my Unix shell scripting skills. About 15 years ago, I took a college class for Unix shell scripting. I would like to find a good college book again, rather than just going to Amazon and just buying anything. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorlow
2 Replies
renpy(6)							       Games								  renpy(6)

NAME
renpy - engine for creating visual novels SYNOPSIS
renpy [path to the script directory] DESCRIPTION
Ren'Py is a programming language and runtime, intended to ease the creation of visual-novel type games. It contains features that make it easy to display thoughts, dialogue, and menus; to display images to the user; to write game logic; and to support the saving and loading of games. Ren'Py tries to be like an executable script, allowing you to get a working game without much more effort than is required to type the game script into the computer. Ren'Py is implemented on top of python, and that python heritage shows through in many places. Many Ren'Py statements allow python expres- sions to be used, and there are also Ren'Py statements that allow for the execution of arbitrary python code. Many of the less-used fea- tures of Ren'Py are exposed to the user by way of python. By only requiring use of the simplest features of python, it's hoped that Ren'Py will be usable by all game authors. USAGE
If you run the program without any arguments, zou will get an interactive launcher from where you can select, run and work different projects. For running a script, you need to give the full path to the directory that contains the game you want to play. For example: renpy /usr/share/games/renpy/demo/ To learn how to use the game interface, you should install and play renpy-demo. FILES
The game data for each user is stored at ~/.renpy/ directory. The scripts can be installed in the system bz placing them under /usr/share/games/renpy/ , but you can run any script in an arbitrarz directory just by telling the path as the parameter to the game. SEE ALSO
You can find more information at http://www.renpy.org/ May 2007 renpy(6)