Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX SQLPLUS -S option not working Post 302934006 by ssk250 on Wednesday 4th of February 2015 12:51:10 AM
Old 02-04-2015
SQLPLUS -S option not working

Hi All,

I am using the following script to run some sql on database but i am not getting the result. When i tried the same by removing "-s" option it is working fine but getting other things as well with my input as shown below. Can anyone please suggest why "-s" option is not working in AIX and reply an alternate option if available.

This is my code without sqlplus -s option

Code:
OUTPUT=$( sqlplus <usrname>/<passwd> <<EOF
set heading OFF termout ON trimout ON feedback OFF
set pagesize 0
select column1,column2 from tablename where column1=${FILENAME1};
exit;
EOF
)

and the ouput is as below:

Code:
SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Tue Feb 3 02:26:39 2015

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> SQL> SQL> STI101.412026.SIZE.zip

SQL> Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

How to remove all other data in the ouput apart from the values i actually required from sql

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Why does the 'ps' command with -u option not working?

How can I use the 'ps' command to view current sessions but only for a given process/user, with the -u parm? In older versions of Unix, this used to work, but not in Sun Solaris. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-d option not working...

:confused: In the following, when I enter a valid, existing directory,why am I getting Not Found when the Dir DOES exist? read auser echo "You entered $auser" wait 2 cd /home if then echo "Dir Exists" sleep 2 else echo "/home/$auser Not Found" sleep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgouette
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple SQLPLUS background processes not working properly

Hi All, I am running 25 background process from a Unix shell script which calls a single Oracle procedure with different paramenters each time. These 25 process creates 25 different files. When i run these 25 Background SQLPLUS processes, few files are not created completly but if i run 25... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

who command option not working

Running HP 11.31 on a HP3600. But when I log in as a user the who command works but if I use an option like "who -m" I get nothing. Any thoughts on what is causing this problem. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KMRWHUNTER
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus @ not working sqlplus \@ working..

Hi All, I am facing a strange problem on one of my unix servers. When i try to login using the standard method: it fails with below message >sqlplus REF1SSTDBO1/REF1SSTDBO1@TKS3N10G > TKS3N10G ksh: TKS3N10G: not found But it works perfectly when i escape with ;\ >sqlplus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus Set Heading not Working

Hello, Could someone tell me why this still returns headings? echo "SELECT columnA from tableA group by columnA;" | sqlplus -s ${DB_CONNECT} set heading OFF | while read line do arr="$line" echo ${arr} let i=$i+1 done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flowervz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

-v and -f option for grep not working

In solaris, i m trying to find the files having a particulat extension and then from the list i want to exclude those files which is present in a file. But it seems the -f and -v option are not working find $source -type f -name $extn | /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -F -v -f $exclude | while read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with UTF char sqlplus

I have below SQL that I wasnt to run from a solaris machine using sqlplus select * from TABLE_NAME where regexp_like(field_value, 'Α|Β|Γ|Δ|Ε|Ζ|Η|Θ|Ι|Κ|Λ|Μ|Ν|Ξ|Ο|Π|Ρ|Σ|Τ|Υ|Φ|Χ|Ψ|Ω|α|β|γ|δ|ε|ζ|η|θ|ι|κ|λ|μ|ν|ξ|ο|π|ρ|σ|τ|υ|φ|χ|ψ|ω'); When I cat the file UTF char shows perfect however when i run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varun22486
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus not working through ssh

Hi Gurus, I was trying to execute sqlplus command remotely like ssh -q IP venkat@"which sqlplus" am getting error as which: no sqlplus in (/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin) if i connect manually and executing which sqlplus it working fine. Please help to fix the issue. Regard's Venky (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky.b5
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

"SQLPLUS -S " is not working in one environment where same code is working in another

"SQLPLUS -S " is not working in one environment where same code is working in another getting below error =================================== SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle. All rights reserved. Use SQL*Plus to execute SQL, PL/SQL and SQL*Plus... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogendra.barode
1 Replies
oar-database(1) 						   OAR commands 						   oar-database(1)

NAME
oar-database - create/initialize/upgrade/reset/drop the oar database SYNOPSIS
oar-database --create [OPTIONS] oar-database --drop [OPTIONS] oar-database --setup [OPTIONS] oar-database --reset [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Manage the oar database. --setup Initialize/Upgrade an existing database. --reset Reset an existing database. --create Create and initialize a new database/user. --drop Drop an existing database/user. OPTIONS
General parameters --conf=OAR_CONF_FILE Define the oar configuration file to use. By default /etc/oar/oar.conf is used. This file doesn't exist, the default parameters for each value are used. --update-conf The database parameters given in the command line are writen to the OAR_CONF_FILE -h,--help Display this help. -d,--debug Display more information during the script execution -f,--force-sql Force to resume the execution even if an sql instruction fails -y,--force-yes This option will cause oar-database to continue without prompting if it is doins something potentially harmful Database admin parameters These parameters are only needed for database/user creation or removing. --db-is-local For --create or --drop, this option tells that the database is local. oar-database can use local admin account to execute command (useful for postgres). --db-admin-user=DB_ADMIN_USER For --create or --drop, this option gives the privilegied user to use. --db-admin-pass=DB_ADMIN_PASS For --create or --drop, this option gives the privilegied user pass to use. SQL parameters By default, if not specified, all the sql parameters are taken from the OAR_CONF_FILE. It is preferable to set these values directly to this file. --db-type=DB_TYPE The type of the SQL database. It can be currently, mysql or Pg (for postgresql). --db-user=DB_USER Connect to the database as the user DB_USER instead of the one given in OAR_CONF_FILE. By default, if OAR_CONF_FILE doesn't specify a user, it is oar. --db-pass=DB_PASS Connect to the database with the password DB_PASS instead of the one given in OAR_CONF_FILE. --db-host=DB_HOST Connect to the database on the host DB_HOST, By default, if OAR_CONF_FILE doesn't specify a host, it is localhost. --db-port=DB_PORT Connect to the database on the port DB_PORT, By default, if OAR_CONF_FILE doesn't specify a port, the value depend on the DB_TYPE. if DB_TYPE is mysql, DB_PORT is 3306. If DB_TYPE is postgresql, DB_PORT is 5432. --db-name=DB_NAME Connect to the database on the host DB_HOST, By default, if OAR_CONF_FILE doesn't specify a database name, it is oar. --db-ro-user=DB_RO_USER same as --db-user except that it is for the read only access. --db-ro-pass=DB_RO_PASS same as --db-pass except that it is for the read only access. EXAMPLES
Mysql First you need to specify the sql parameters in /etc/oar/oar.conf. These parameters will be used by oar-database. To create a new database (assuming that the sql root password is PASS): oar-database --create --db-admin-user root --db-admin-pass PASS To upgrade an existing database: oar-database --setup Postgresql First you need to specify the sql parameters in /etc/oar/oar.conf. These parameters will be used by oar-database. Then if your postgresql database is on the local system, you can use the option --db-is-local (otherwise, the procedure is the same as Mysql). So oar-database will use the postgres unix user to administrate the database (you need privilegied access to the local system). To create a new database: oar-database --create --db-is-local To upgrade an existing database: oar-database --setup Advanced usages To make some tests or to administrate several databases, you can also specify the sql parameters on the command line. For example: oar-database --create --db-type=Pg --db-host=HOST --db-user=oar --db-pass=PASS --db-admin-user=ADMIN_USER --db-admin-pass=ADMIN_PASS will create the oar database and the oar user on the postgresql system hosted by HOST. The user ADMIN_USER must have the right to create new databases and new roles on this system. FILES
/usr/lib/oar/database/mysql_structure.sql, /usr/lib/oar/database/pg_structure.sql SQL instructions for creating the structure of the oar database. /usr/lib/oar/database/mysql_default_admission_rules.sql, /usr/lib/oar/database/pg_default_admission_rules.sql SQL instructions for inserting the default admission rules in the oar database. /usr/lib/oar/database/default_data.sql SQL instructions for inserting the default data in the oar database. /usr/lib/oar/database/mysql_reset_structure.sql, /usr/lib/oar/database/pg_reset_structure.sql SQL instruction for emptying an existing oar database. /usr/lib/oar/database/mysql_structure_upgrade_*.sql, /usr/lib/oar/database/pg_structure_upgrade_*.sql SQL instructions for upgrading an existing database. oar-database 2012-06-26 oar-database(1)