Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple File renaming with a twist Post 302933931 by sea on Tuesday 3rd of February 2015 06:40:50 AM
Old 02-03-2015
Hi

1) For future post, use code tags as required by the forum rules!
2) its quick Smilie
Code:
IFS="|"
while read country label pdf
do
    mv "$pdf" "${label}.pdf"
done<textfile.txt

hth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files

Can someone please tell me how I can rename a bunch of files at a time. I hava a directory that has 700+ files that are named *.xyz and I would like to rename them to *.abc . How can I do that with a simple command ? mv *.xyz *.abc did not work. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files

hi, I've a machine running RHEL3,kernel version 2.4. i need to rename multiple files under one directory as follows: ls demo.c demo.S demo-1243.sw demo.xyz and now i need to replace the occurrence of demo with demo_1 for each of the above file. the tedious way is to go ahead and do mv on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple file renaming

Hi All, I have a number of files in a directory that I would like to rename - I am quite aware that you can use the mv command to rename the files - I would like to rename them automatically from the command line instead of having to do them singly. I have searched the forum pertaining to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTool4u2
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing prefix from multiple files and renaming file extension

Hello i have the files in this format pdb1i0t.ent pdb1lv7.ent pdb1pp6.ent pdb1tj2.ent pdb1xg2.ent pdb2b4b.ent pdb2ewe.ent Now i have to remove the prefix pdb from all the files and also i need to change the extension of .ent to .txt The new file should look like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file count with a twist

Hello Everyone, I am using the korn shell. I was hoping to find a set of commands to count files in a directory. I am using: ls /home/name/abc* | wc -l This command works fine when a file matches abc* (returns only the file count) , however when no file(s) are found I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert4732
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple two file compare with twist

I have file1 and file2 I lookup field3 from file2 in field1 of file1 and if there is a match, output field 2,3,5 from file2. I now want to add field2 of file1 in the output. I suspect what I have to do is read the entire line of file1 into a 2 dim array? pls help. here is my code: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack.bauer
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file that has multiple numbers as filename

Hi I have a file with filename as "partition-setup-and-ipl.vtcmd.76217657132.9721536798" Now i need to move this file as "partition-setup-and-ipl.vtcmd.76217657132.9721536798_org" i tried with # ls | grep -E "partition-setup-and-ipl.vtcmd.+"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file into multiple files and renaming them

Hi all, Newbie here. First of all, sorry if I made any mistakes while posting this question in terms of rules. Correct me if I am wrong. :b: I have a .dat file whose name is in the format of 20170311_abc_xyz.dat. The file consists of records whose first column consists of multiple dates in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanduris
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple two file compare with twist

I have file1 and file2 I lookup field3 from file2 in field1 of file1 and if there is a match, output field 2,3,5 from file2. I now want to add field2 of file1 in the output. I suspect what I have to do is read the entire line of file1 into a 2 dim array? pls help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmonk1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Listing, with a Twist?

Greetings! I have a quick question which must be deferred to those with greater skill than myself :) In this situation, I wish to create a list of all the files on an entire partition in descending order sorted by date. I tried numerous switches for ls, and found this line to be the closest... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
4 Replies
PS2PDF(1)							    Ghostscript 							 PS2PDF(1)

NAME
ps2pdf - Convert PostScript to PDF using ghostscript ps2pdf12 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.2 (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf13 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf14 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5-and-later compatible) using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ps2pdf [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf12 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf13 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf14 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] DESCRIPTION
The ps2pdf scripts are work-alikes for nearly all the functionality (but not the user interface) of Adobe's Acrobat(TM) Distiller(TM) prod- uct: they convert PostScript files to Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If the output filename is not specified, the output is placed in a file of the same name with a '.pdf' extension in the current working directory. Either the input filename or the output filename can be '-' to request reading from stdin or writing to stdout, respectively, when used as a filter. The three scripts differ as follows: - ps2pdf12 will always produce PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf13 will always produce PDF 1.3 output (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf14 will always produce PDF 1.4 output (Acrobat 5-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf per se currently produces PDF 1.4 output. However, this may change in the future. If you care about the compatibility level of the output, use ps2pdf12, ps2pdf13 or ps2pdf14, or use the -dCompatibility=1.x switch in the command line. There are some limitations in ps2pdf's conversion. See the HTML documentation for more information. A large number of Adobe Distiller(TM) parameters which can be used to control the conversion are also documented there, including instructions for generating PDF/X and PDF/A documents. OPTIONS
The ps2pdf scripts use the same options as gs(1). EXAMPLES
Converting a figure.ps to figure.pdf: ps2pdf figure.ps A conversion with more specifics: ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress figure.ps proof.pdf Converting as part of a pipe: make_report.pl -t ps | ps2pdf -dCompatibility=1.3 - - | lpr SEE ALSO
gs(1), ps2pdfwr(1), Ps2pdf.htm in the Ghostscript documentation BUGS
See http://bugs.ghostscript.com/ and the Usenet news group comp.lang.postscript. VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 9.07. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 9.07 12 February 2013 PS2PDF(1)