Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Writing output to a file in columns Post 302933925 by pilnet101 on Tuesday 3rd of February 2015 05:59:15 AM
Old 02-03-2015
@sea

You can use multi-dimensional arrays in bash, but it is a bit of a messy eval hack job
This User Gave Thanks to pilnet101 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing output into different files while processing file using AWK

Hi, I am trying to do the following using AWK program. 1. Read the input data file 2. Parse the record and see if it contains errors 3. If the record contains errors, then write it into Reject file, else, write into usual output file or display it on the screen Here is what I have done -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyak
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing the output of SQL into one file

Hi All, Please help me writing the below script. I have two sql queries. 1. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_A group by Client_id; 2. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_B group by Client_id; I need the output of above two sql queries in a single file. The output 2nd query should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing only timing statistics output of Timer to File

I'm running long integrations on a remote server, and I'm working in terminal in a tcsh shell. I'm looking to write ONLY the timing statistics to a file. For example: $time ls >timer.out writes both the files in my current directory & the timer statistics to the file timer.out. I only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elemonier
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a script that will take the first line from each file and store it in an output file

Hi, I have 1000 files names data1.txt through data1000.txt inside a folder. I want to write a script that will take each first line from the files and write them as output into a new file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating data in columns and writing them to new file

I have a file that contains records in the below format: 23857250998423948239482348239580923682396829682398094823049823948 23492780582305829852095820958293582093585823095892386293583203248 23482038509825098230958235234230502958205983958235820358205892095... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellhelp
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat writing only one record in the output file

Hi All, I have an input file containing data as below: Input.DAT XXXXXXX|YYYYYYY|ZZZZZZZZZZ|12334446456|B|YY|111111111|111111111|111111111|111111111|15|3|NNNNNN|Y|3|AAA|111111111... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar.cumar
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Columns and writing a new file

I have a table with one column File1.txt 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Another table with two columns; This has got a subset of entries from File 1 but not unique because they have differing values in col 2. File2.txt 1 a 2 d 2 f 6 r 6 e (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs_novice
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting output with sed without writing to a file

HI I am trying to grep 3 characters from hostname and append a character at the end. I tried as in the following: root@abag3:~# hostname | cut -c1-3 hyu Now I am trying to append "g" at the end of this output as in the following. root@abag3:~# hostname | cut -c1-3 | sed -s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output when writing to file

Hello, I am having problem while redirecting output to a file where as on console output is proper. for dir in */; do printf "%s, " "$dir"; ls -m "$dir"; echo; done > output.txt Output of above command is coming in single line but when i am redirecting output to a file, single line i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manoj Rajput
10 Replies
QSTAT(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  QSTAT(1)

NAME
qstat - display job/partition information in a familiar pbs format SYNOPSIS
qstat [-f] [-a|-i|-r] [-n [-1]] [-G|-M] [-u user_list] [-? | --help] [--man] [job_id...] qstat -Q [-f] qstat -q DESCRIPTION
The qstat command displays information about jobs. OPTIONS
-a Displays all jobs in a single-line format. See the STANDARD OUTPUT section for format details. -i Displays information about idle jobs. This includes jobs which are queued or held. -f Displays the full information for each selected job in a multi-line format. See the STANDARD OUTPUT section for format details. -G Display size information in gigabytes. -M Show size information, disk or memory in mega-words. A word is considered to be 8 bytes. -n Displays nodes allocated to a job in addition to the basic information. -1 In combination with -n, the -1 option puts all of the nodes on the same line as the job id. -r Displays information about running jobs. This includes jobs which are running or suspended. -u user_list Display job information for all jobs owned by the specified user(s). The format of user_list is: user_name[,user_name...]. -? | --help brief help message --man full documentation STANDARD OUTPUT
Displaying Job Status If the -a, -i, -f, -r, -u, -n, -G, and -M options are not specified, the brief single-line display format is used. The following items are displayed on a single line, in the specified order, separated by white space: the job id the job name the job owner the cpu time used the job state C - Job is completed after having run E - Job is exiting after having run. H - Job is held. Q - job is queued, eligible to run or routed. R - job is running. T - job is being moved to new location. W - job is waiting for its execution time (-a option) to be reached. S - job is suspended. the queue that the job is in If the -f option is specified, the multi-line display format is used. The output for each job consists of the header line: Job Id: job identifier followed by one line per job attribute of the form: attribute_name = value If any of the options -a, -i, -r, -u, -n, -G or -M are specified, the normal single-line display format is used. The following items are displayed on a single line, in the specified order, separated by white space: the job id the job owner the queue the job is in the job name the session id (if the job is running) the number of nodes requested by the job the number of cpus or tasks requested by the job the amount of memory requested by the job either the cpu time, if specified, or wall time requested by the job, (in hh:mm) the job state The amount of cpu time or wall time used by the job (in hh:mm) EXIT STATUS
On success, qstat will exit with a value of zero. On failure, qstat will exit with a value greater than zero. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-10 QSTAT(1)