Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cannot remove disk added to zpool Post 302933675 by LittleLebowski on Sunday 1st of February 2015 10:54:30 AM
Old 02-01-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartus11
Your setup still does not offer redundancy. If c3t5000CCA012B3E751d0 or c3t5000CCA012B39541d0 fails, the whole pool will become unavailable.
Do you have any suggestions on how to provide redundancy?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Remove the exported zpool

I had a pool which was exported and due to some issues on my SAN i was never able to import it again. Can anyone tell me how can i destroy the exported pool to free up the LUN. I tried to create a new pool on the same pool but it gives me following error # zpool create emcpool4 emcpower0c... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't remove a LUN from a Zpool!

I am not seeing anyway to remove a LUN from a Zpool... Am I missing something? or do i have to destroy the zpool and recreate it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Partitioning newly added disk to Redhat

Hi Everyone, I have added new Virtual disk to OS. The main point is I need to bring this whole Disk into LVM control, is it necessary to partition the disk using fdisk command and assign partition type as '8e', or can I directly add that disk into LVM, by running pvcreate command with out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

4. AIX

Remove the disk online

Hi I have one of the disk missing in my NIMVG. My doubt is can I remove this hdisk2 online ? few of the file systems seems to be spread over 7 PV's. that's why i'm worried. Can someone suggest if I can replace this disk online. Also how to check if there is some data present in hdisk2 alone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Bad exchange descriptor : not able to remove files under zpool

Hi , One of my zone went down and when i booted it up i could see the pool in degraded state with some check sum errors . we have brought the pool online after scrubbing. But few files are showing this error Bad exchange descriptor Please let me know how to remove these files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Add disk to zpool

Hi, Quick question. I have a data zpool that consists of 1 disk. pool: data state: ONLINE scrub: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM data ONLINE 0 0 0 c0t50002AC0014B06BEd0 ONLINE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
2 Replies

7. AIX

LPAR cannot added disk

Dear All, I created a new partition through "Integrated Virtualization Manager" but there have an error when I added a new disk to the partition. The disk already created without any issue, Below error is to add the disk to the partition An error occured while modifying the assignments... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lckdanny
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Exporting zpool sitting on different disk partition

Hello, I need some help in recovering ZFS pool. Here is scenerio. There are two disks - c0t0d0 - This is good disk. I cloned it from other server and boot server from this disk. c0t1d0 - This is original disk of this server, having errors. I am able to mount it on /mnt. So that I can copy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Replace zpool with another disk

issue, I had a zpool which was full pool_temp1 199G 197G 1.56G 99% ONLINE - pool_temp2 199G 196G 3.09G 98% ONLINE - as you can see, full so I replaced with a larger disk. zpool replace pool_temp1 c3t600144F0FF8BA036000058CC1DB80008d0s0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to clear a removed single-disk pool from being listed by zpool import?

On an OmniOS server, I removed a single-disk pool I was using for testing. Now, when I run zpool import it will show it as FAULTED, since that single disk not available anymore. # zpool import pool: fido id: 7452075738474086658 state: FAULTED status: The pool was last... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshan
11 Replies
GPTZFSBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     GPTZFSBOOT(8)

NAME
gptzfsboot -- GPT bootcode for ZFS on BIOS-based computers DESCRIPTION
gptzfsboot is used on BIOS-based computers to boot from a filesystem in a ZFS pool. gptzfsboot is installed in a freebsd-boot partition of a GPT-partitioned disk with gpart(8). IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The GPT standard allows a variable number of partitions, but gptzfsboot only boots from tables with 128 partitions or less. BOOTING
gptzfsboot tries to find all ZFS pools that are composed of BIOS-visible hard disks or partitions on them. gptzfsboot looks for ZFS device labels on all visible disks and in discovered supported partitions for all supported partition scheme types. The search starts with the disk from which gptzfsboot itself was loaded. Other disks are probed in BIOS defined order. After a disk is probed and gptzfsboot determines that the whole disk is not a ZFS pool member, the individual partitions are probed in their partition table order. Currently GPT and MBR partition schemes are supported. With the GPT scheme, only partitions of type freebsd-zfs are probed. The first pool seen during probing is used as a default boot pool. The filesystem specified by the bootfs property of the pool is used as a default boot filesystem. If the bootfs property is not set, then the root filesystem of the pool is used as the default. zfsloader(8) is loaded from the boot filesystem. If /boot.config or /boot/config is present in the boot filesystem, boot options are read from it in the same way as boot(8). The ZFS GUIDs of the first successfully probed device and the first detected pool are made available to zfsloader(8) in the vfs.zfs.boot.primary_vdev and vfs.zfs.boot.primary_pool variables. USAGE
Normally gptzfsboot will boot in fully automatic mode. However, like boot(8), it is possible to interrupt the automatic boot process and interact with gptzfsboot through a prompt. gptzfsboot accepts all the options that boot(8) supports. The filesystem specification and the path to zfsloader(8) are different from boot(8). The format is [zfs:pool/filesystem:][/path/to/loader] Both the filesystem and the path can be specified. If only a path is specified, then the default filesystem is used. If only a pool and filesystem are specified, then /boot/zfsloader is used as a path. Additionally, the status command can be used to query information about discovered pools. The output format is similar to that of zpool status (see zpool(8)). The configured or automatically determined ZFS boot filesystem is stored in the zfsloader(8) loaddev variable, and also set as the initial value of the currdev variable. FILES
/boot/gptzfsboot boot code binary /boot.config parameters for the boot block (optional) /boot/config alternative parameters for the boot block (optional) EXAMPLES
gptzfsboot is typically installed in combination with a ``protective MBR'' (see gpart(8)). To install gptzfsboot on the ada0 drive: gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ada0 gptzfsboot can also be installed without the PMBR: gpart bootcode -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ada0 SEE ALSO
boot.config(5), boot(8), gpart(8), loader(8), zfsloader(8), zpool(8) HISTORY
gptzfsboot appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
gptzfsboot looks for ZFS meta-data only in MBR partitions (known on FreeBSD as slices). It does not look into BSD disklabel(8) partitions that are traditionally called partitions. If a disklabel partition happens to be placed so that ZFS meta-data can be found at the fixed off- sets relative to a slice, then gptzfsboot will recognize the partition as a part of a ZFS pool, but this is not guaranteed to happen. BSD
September 15, 2014 BSD