Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rshd requests logging
Operating Systems SCO Rshd requests logging Post 302933649 by migurus on Sunday 1st of February 2015 03:29:38 AM
Old 02-01-2015
ro jqt:
the rsh connections are working most of the time, I try to troubleshoot those unsuccessfyl ones

to madeingermany:
it is SCO OSR 5.0.7. Also, I am not talking about ssh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

turning off certain http requests

On a sparc solaris 8 host running sunone webserver 6 I would like to limit the http requests that can be used when port 80 is accessed. We currently have http/1.0 enabled. For example I would like to remove the http request DELETE. Regards, BLP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blp001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rshd vs. rexecd

Sun 5.8 Though I'd like to be using SSH, my client refuses to do so. So, I'm forced to use rsh/rexec for remote commands. My question is....when running a remote command via "rsh hostname <command>", do I need to have rexecd running, or just rshd on the remote server? Thanks in advance for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

3. Programming

rshd control string

My host environment is Linux and SCO systems talking to a remote SCO box. Authentication has been configured, I can do rcmd or rsh between the systems. I am trying to use rsh facility of remote unix box and I don't want to use system call to rsh or rcmd. Instead, I am trying to open 514 port... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP subsystem requests

Hi there, what is the meaning of this line: SFTP subsystem requests: 5 Time(s) in: /var/mail/root??? Tks in advance, GB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
0 Replies

5. AIX

RSH intermittent error rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.

I am getting an error from one node in a set with RSH setup between them, node one will connect to node two every other time (consistently), however node to connects to node one every time without problem. Here is what I am seeing, makes no sense to me. Can anyone help? sbhcprdb01<root>: rsh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
6 Replies

6. AIX

niminv and rshd error

I am trying to run niminv on my nim master to collect info from my nim clients. : / -> niminv -o invcon -a targets=<nimclient> -a location=/tmp/inventory rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied. geninv: 0645-007 ATTENTION: gi_nim_standalone() returned an unexpected result. Return Status: FAILURE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerradr
4 Replies

7. AIX

rshd: 0826-813 Permission is denied.

Guy's I have two servers .. server1 and server2 I have configured the rshd and started the rshd demean in both servers by the below command . startsrc -t shell lssrc -t shell Service Command Description Status shell /usr/sbin/rshd rshd ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Some I/O requests to this LV are waiting

Hi All I have a blade BL860c running on a C7000 chassis, in which is connected to a NetApp, so lately I am having I/O issues, and dmesg as well as syslog.log is reporting the following: /dev/vg01/lvol2 file system file data error in dev/block 0/55892768 Page I/O error occurred while paging... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore requests in dhcpd?

Hi there, I setup a dhcp server on a debian. It is designed to only assign ip addresses to a list of known hosts. The config file looks like : log-facility local6; ignore unknown-clients; subnet 172.16.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 { } host 1 { hardware ethernet 00:03:2d:xx:xx:xx; fixed-address... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
rlogind(8)						      System Manager's Manual							rlogind(8)

NAME
rlogind - The remote login server SYNOPSIS
rlogind [-aln] FLAGS
Requests the addresses for the hostname, verifying that the name and address correspond. Normal authentication is bypassed if the address verification fails. Prevents authentication based on the user's $HOME/.rhosts file, unless the user is logging in as the superuser. Dis- ables transport-level, keep-alive messages. The messages are enabled by default. DESCRIPTION
The rlogind daemon is the server for the rlogin(1) program. The server provides a remote login facility with authentication based on priv- ileged port numbers from trusted hosts. The rlogind daemon listens for service requests at the port indicated in the login service specification; see services(4). When a service request is received, the following protocol is initiated: The server checks the client's source port. If the port is not in the range 512 to 1023, the server aborts the connection. The server checks the client's source address and requests the corresponding hostname (see gethostbyaddr(3), hosts(4) and named(8). If the hostname cannot be determined, the dot-notation representation of the host address is used. If the hostname is in the same domain as the server (according to the last two components of the domain name), or if the -a flag is given, the addresses for the hostname are requested, verifying that the name and address correspond. Normal authentication is bypassed if the address verification fails. Once the source port and address have been checked, rlogind proceeds with the authentication process described in rshd(8). It then allo- cates a pseudoterminal (see pty(7)), and manipulates file descriptors so that the slave half of the pseudoterminal becomes the stdin, std- out, and stderr for a login process. The login process is an instance of the login(1) program invoked with the -f option if authentication has succeeded. If automatic authentication fails, the user is prompted to log in as if on a standard terminal line. The -l option pre- vents any authentication based on the user's .rhosts file, unless the user is logging in as the superuser. By default, the rlogind daemon starts the login dialog using the login string specified in the message field of the /etc/gettydefs file. If you want to use a customized banner, create an /etc/issue.net or /etc/issue file. The rlogind daemon reads the file that exists and writes its contents to stdout prior to starting the login dialog. If both files exist, only the /etc/issue.net file is used. The parent of the login process manipulates the master side of the pseudoterminal, operating as an intermediary between the login process and the client instance of the rlogin program. In normal operation, the packet protocol described in pty(7) is invoked to provide <Ctrl- s>/<Ctrl-q> type facilities and propagate interrupt signals to the remote programs. The login process propagates the client terminal's baud rate and terminal type, as found in the TERM environment variable. The screen or window size of the terminal is requested from the client, and window size changes from the client are propagated to the pseudoterminal. Transport-level, keep-alive messages are enabled unless the -n flag is present. The use of keep-alive messages allows sessions to be timed out if the client crashes or becomes unreachable. Note that the authentication procedure used here assumes the integrity of each client machine and the connecting medium. This is insecure, but is useful in an open environment. DIAGNOSTICS
All initial diagnostic messages are indicated by a leading byte with a value of 1 (one), after which any network connections are closed. If there are no errors before login is invoked, a null byte is returned as an indication of success. A fork by the server failed. FILES
Specifies the command path RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: login(1). Daemons: rshd(8). Files: issue(4), issue.net. Functions: ruserok(3). delim off rlogind(8)