Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dummy question on awk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dummy question on awk Post 302933575 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 30th of January 2015 07:02:03 PM
Old 01-30-2015
Hello Indra2011,

Following may also help you in same.
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{b=4}(NR==b){$0=$0 OFS "disco";b+=10} 1'  Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix dummy's question

:confused: Hi, 2 questions to get some insight. Thanks (1) I would like to add a prefix (XX00) in each row of the line in my text file and save a newly generated file another name. How to go about it. (2) How to insert a blank line into each row in my file. and save the file another name.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merry susana
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question from a dummy

okay so I just started this unix class and understood all the test questions but this "normal" question threy me through a loop :confused:. The question is Why are UNIX commands noninteractive and why is their output not usually preceededby header information? This question has been driving me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cinnamonbear
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

A simple dummy question

Hello Everyone! changing from Microsoft to Macintosh, I connected my hard disk (nearly full) to the apple computer, which could not recognize it. I was prompt to "initialize it", unfortunately I DECIDED YES!!, but just for 1/100 of a second: now I cannot access the hard disk at all. Is still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NETTO68
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut awk dummy question :)

how to make cut and awk treat "a b" as a single column rather then two separate columns "a and b"? how to remove " symbol from "a b" so there is only a b? Please help Regards Karol (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sopel39
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummy question about /proc/cpuinfo

Perhaps this is a very dummy question but sorry I don't know other place to do it. We just buy a new cluster of Xeon machines but there is something I don't understand and perhaps someone can help me. The more /proc/cpuinfo produces the following output (just part of it). processor : 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhc
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a dummy question...needs help...

I am trying to use 'cut' to get a line from my file. But it seems that 'cut' recongnizes TAB as default. My file uses space instead. So 'cut' doesn't work. Anybody can tell me how to change the default from TAB to space ? Or how to transform a space-delimited file into tab-delimited file??... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixinsjtu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dummy question on data process

I have a file which contains 6 columns. But I only need the first 3 columns. So I need to remove the last 3 columns. I checked 'cut' but it seems not working. So is there a command that could remove certain columns from a file? :( Thanks a lot!! (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a dummy question on data processing

Hi, everyone, I have a matrix, let's say: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 7 8 9 1 2 3 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... ......... (nxm matrix) Is there a simple command that can take certain specific rows out of the matrix? e.g., I want to take row 2 (4 5 6 7 8 9 ...) and row 4 (3 4 5 6 7 8... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

DNS dummy question

Hello everyone, I have a some doubt about DNS. We have connected to 2 ISPs /ISP#1 and ISP#2/. Our web site's dns zone is located on ISP#1. If connection to ISP#1 is down clients won't find our website. ISP#1 connection went down few times this month. So we are going to create our website's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Dummy Question

Where can I get UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ciao303
1 Replies
Table(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Table(3pm)

NAME
Tk::Table - Scrollable 2 dimensional table of Tk widgets SYNOPSIS
use Tk::Table; $table = $parent->Table(-rows => number, -columns => number, -scrollbars => anchor, -fixedrows => number, -fixedcolumns => number, -takefocus => boolean); $widget = $table->Button(...); $old = $table->put($row,$col,$widget); $old = $table->put($row,$col,"Text"); # simple Label $widget = $table->get($row,$col); $cols = $table->totalColumns; $rows = $table->totalRows; $table->see($widget); $table->see($row,$col); ($row,$col) = $table->Posn($widget); DESCRIPTION
Tk::Table is an all-perl widget/geometry manager which allows a two dimensional table of arbitary perl/Tk widgets to be displayed. Entries in the Table are simply ordinary perl/Tk widgets. They should be created with the Table as their parent. Widgets are positioned in the table using: $table->put($row,$col,$widget) If $widget is not a reference it is treated as a string, and a Lable widget is created with the string as its text. All the widgets in each column are set to the same width - the requested width of the widest widget in the column. Likewise, all the widgets in each row are set to the same height - the requested height of the tallest widget in the column. A number of rows and/or columns can be marked as 'fixed' - and so can serve as 'headings' for the remainder the rows which are scrollable. The requested size of the table as a whole is such that the number of rows specified by -rows (default 10), and number of columns specified by -columns (default 10) can be displayed. If the Table is told it can take the keyboard focus then cursor and scroll keys scroll the displayed widgets. The Table will create and manage its own scrollbars if requested via -scrollbars. The table can be emptied using $table->clear the widgets which were in the table are destroyed. The Tk::Table widget is derived from a Tk::Frame, so inherits all its configure options. BUGS
/ Snags / Possible enhancements o Very large Tables consume a lot of X windows. o No equivalent of pack's -anchor/-pad etc. options SEE ALSO
Tk::grid, Tk::HList, Tk::TableMatrix, Tk::MListbox, Tk::Columns perl v5.14.2 2010-05-29 Table(3pm)