Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Different values output between du and df Post 302933347 by orma on Thursday 29th of January 2015 01:25:00 PM
Old 01-29-2015
Different values output between du and df

Dear Gurus

I have a doubt:

Why df -h command shows me that /opt FS has used 3.0G:
Code:
# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                      9.7G  5.8G  3.5G  63% /
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol05
                      226G  171G   45G  80% /var
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol04
                      496M   19M  452M   4% /tmp
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol03
                      496M  101M  370M  22% /home
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol02
                       25G  3.0G   21G  13% /opt

but du -ch /opt shows me a Total of 49G

Code:
# du -ch /opt
94M    /opt/java/j2sdk1.4.2_12
477M    /opt/java
49G    /opt
49G    total

?

What is real amount of used space into /opt: 49G or 3G ?

Thank you so much in advance for your time and support.

Best regards,

Orma

Last edited by joeyg; 01-29-2015 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Please wrap commands and data in CodeTags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign values from awk output - help

Dear All, I have a command which gives the number of fields of each line of a comma-separated file. sthng like this : cat QDB_20071126_002.bad | awk -F"," '{ print NF }' I need to assign the first output and the last output of the above command to variables in a script. Need help to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
4 Replies

2. AIX

fr and sr (from vmstat output) values are very high

Hi AIX Expert, the fr (page freed/page replacement) and sr (pages scanned by page-replacement algorithm) values from the vmstat output (see below please) are very high. I usually see this high value during the oracle database backup. In addition, the page scan/page steal/ page faults values... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the output values in array

Hi, How to store the values in array from output result, EG: I have the result like this, ps, google, 1.txt, 1 sam, google, 2.txt, 2 These are the four values followed by comma in two sets. I need to store these values set by set. One set contains four values followed by comma. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarthikPS
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why output consists of 3 values

Hi there if I have a file called an411 which contains the folowing information 152.78.74.111 "GET /datafeed.php HTTP/1.1" 200 2826 152.78.74.211 "GET /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 1190 152.78.74.121 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 3000 and I want to ouput the number of bytes of the record that contains... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to extract these values from the output

Hi, I would like to search based of "java" and "-Dplatform.home=" and store these two values in bash variables. ps -xef | grep <pid> wlsuser 15160 15144 0 Feb 20 ? 17:27 /app1/jdk150_07/bin/IA64N/java -server -Xms1536m -Dplatform.home=/app1/bea/weblogic92... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple values from a tnsping output

Hi all, Can anyone help with the following request? I need to extract HOST value, SERVICE_NAME and msec value from a tnsping output and append to a file. The tnsping output is typically as follows: Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting out unique values from output of for loop.

Hi , i have a belwo script which is used to get sectors per track value extarcted from Solaris machine: for DISK in /dev/dsk/c*t*d*s*; do value=`prtvtoc "$DISK" | sed -n -e '/Dimensions/,/Flags/{/Dimensions/d; /Flags/d; p; }' | sed -n -e '/sectors\/track/p'`; if ; then echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum of the values from the output a query

Following is the output of a command ran inside the script: 2015-01-29-05-38-02 5 2015-01-29-05-38-02 5 2015-01-29-05-38-02 5 2015-01-29-05-38-02 5 2015-01-29-05-38-02 5 2015-01-29-05-38-03 5 2015-01-29-05-38-03 5 2015-01-29-05-38-03 5 2015-01-29-05-38-03 5 2015-01-29-05-38-03 5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Asvc_t values in iostat output

Noticed that asvc_t values in iostat command outputs are mostly more than 100 in our previous iostat analysis. Also found the following detail from an alternate site IO Bottleneck - Disk performance issue - UnixArena ---- 1. asvc_t average service time of active transactions, in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saraperu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find values within range and output

Dear All, I am stacked and I ask for your help. Briefly, I have two files, one like this one (file1): 1 101 5 1 102 6 1 103 2 1 104 9 1 105 10 2 301 89 2 302 4 2 303 13 2 304 34 2 305 1 and the other like this one (file2): 1 103 2 303well, what I am trying to do is obtain a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
2 Replies
doc::lua-oocairo-fontopt(3)				       Lua OO Cairo binding				       doc::lua-oocairo-fontopt(3)

Name
       lua-oocairo-fontopt - options controlling text rendering

Introduction
       A font options object contains options that tell Cairo how to render text on surfaces.  They can be created with the "font_options_create"
       function in the main oocairo module (see lua-oocairo(3)), and retrieved from scaled fonts or context objects with "get_font_options"
       methods.

Font options objects can be compared with the "==" operator.  Two different objects with the same options set will be considered equal.

Methods
       The following methods are available on font options objects:

opt:copy ()
	   Returns a new font options object, with identical options to opt.  The two objects will be completely independent, so you can set them
	   to have different options.

opt:get_antialias ()
	   Get the current antialiasing mode, which will be one of the strings accepted by the "opt:set_antialias()" method.

opt:get_hint_metrics ()
	   Returns the current hint metrics option, which will be one of the same strings accepted by the "opt:set_hint_metrics()" method.

opt:get_hint_style ()
	   Get the kind of font hinting done when rendering text.  Returns one of the strings accepted by the "opt:set_hint_style()" method.

opt:get_subpixel_order ()
	   Returns the current ordering of colour components in pixels used for subpixel rendering, which will be one of the same strings accepted
	   by the "opt:set_subpixel_order()" method.

opt:hash ()
	   Return a number which can be used as a hash key identifying the particular options in opt.  That is, if you wanted to cache fonts
	   according to the options set on them, you could store them in a table with this hash value as the key.  Two font options objects with
	   the same options will have the same hash value.

opt:merge (srcopt)
	   Add any options which are set to a non-default value in srcopt to opt if that still has the default value from them.  The options in
	   srcopt will be unchanged.  Nothing is returned.

opt:set_antialias (antialiastype)
	   Set the antialiasing mode used for drawing.	The argument must be a string or boolean value accepted by the "set_antialias" method on
	   context objects (see lua-oocairo-context(3)).

opt:set_hint_metrics (hintmetrics)
	   Set the kind of hinting to be applied to the metrics, as opposed to outlines, of the glyphs in a font.  The hintmetrics value must be
	   one of the following strings:

off
	   on
       opt:set_hint_style (hintstyle)
	   Set the kind of font hinting done when rendering text.  The hintstyle value must be one of the following strings:

none
	   slight
	   medium
	   full
       opt:set_subpixel_order (order)
	   Used to inform Cairo of the arrangement of colour components in the pixels of a display device like a monitor.  Only applies if
	   subpixel antialiasing is used.  The order value must be one of the following strings:

rgb
	   bgr
	   vrgb
	   vbgr

The last two options refer to vertical arrangements of colours.

1.4								    2011-05-18					       doc::lua-oocairo-fontopt(3)