Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Array inside sed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Array inside sed Post 302933333 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 29th of January 2015 12:28:50 PM
Old 01-29-2015
Hello Saleheen,

Following code may help you in same, but not tested though.
Kindly try the same and let me know if this helps.
Code:
awk 'FILENAME=="file1" {if(NR%2!=0){print $1 OFS $2;A=$2}} FILENAME!="file1"{if(NR%2!=0){print $1 OFS ++A}}' file*

Assuming you are all 100 files have name from file1, file2, file3... file100.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array inside an array

hi All, I have a array as follows, array1=("xx" "abc" "def" "xyz") and each array1 is also storing some array values, like array1=abc and abc=("a" "b" "c") etcetera etcetra......... Note : each subarray under array1 have index 3 i.e. it can max contain 3 values if i echo ${abc} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

split and making an array inside another array

I want to run an awk split on a value that has been pushed through an array and I was wondering what the syntax should be?? e.g. running time strings through an array and trying to examine just minutes: 12:25:30 10:15:13 08:55:23 awk ' NR==FNR{ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using array inside awk

Hi All, I have the following code sequence for reading some bulk file and moving the content to two different arrays. while read data do THREEG_PATTERN=`echo $data | egrep "3G"` if then NEW_THREEG_PATTERN=`echo $THREEG_PATTERN | cut -d " " -f2` ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print array values whose name is inside a variable

I have a array as CArray=( a1 a2 ) and a1,a2,a3 are also array as: a1=(1 2 3) a2=(3 4 5) now I have this in my code: for i in `echo "${CArray}"` do echo ${$i} done It is giving error as :"bad substitution" It should give me value as 1 2 3 3 4 5 how can I get this...Can u please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling array inside awk

Hello I have the file df.tmp FS is actually the / FS but escape character\ and end of line $ is used in order to fetch exctly / and not other filesystems. awk '/\/$/ {print $(NF-1)+0}' df.tmp will work properly and return a value eg. 60 but when I am trying to issue the command with the array... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique inside array

I have a file root@server # cat /root/list12 11.22.33.44 22.33.44.55 33.44.55.66 33.44.55.66 33.44.55.66 I try to pass to array and display unique. root@server# cat /root/test12.sh #!/bin/bash #delcare array badips and accumulate values to array elemenrs badips=( $( cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variable inside array?

I tried to use variable inside an array variable, but its not working as expected.:wall: ENV1=123 ENV1=789 ENV1=120 ENV2=567 if then name=ENV1 echo "${name}" echo "${name}" echo "${name}" else name=ENV1 echo "${name}" fi Output: ./val.sh 1 123 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayavinoth
2 Replies

9. Programming

Array initialization inside class in C++

const int VALUES = {7,4,2,1,0}; //or int VALUES = {7,4,2,1,0};this statement inside a class definition gives error. Why? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed inside the awk script to replace a string in the array

The requirement is i need to find an array value matching with pattern {5:{ , replace that with 5: and reassign that to same array index and print it. I write something like below and the issue is sed command is not working. If i replace " with "`" the script gives syntax error.how can i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
8 Replies
DIFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DIFF(1)

NAME
diff - print differences between two files SYNOPSIS
diff [-c | -e | -C n] [-br]file1 file2 OPTIONS
-C n Produce output that contains n lines of context -b Ignore white space when comparing -c Produce output that contains three lines of context -e Produce an ed-script to convert file1 into file2 -r Apply diff recursively to files and directories of EXAMPLES
diff file1 file2 # Print differences between 2 files diff -C 0 file1 file2 # Same as above diff -C 3 file1 file2 # Output three lines of context with every diff -c file1 file2 # Same diff /etc /dev # Compares recursively the directories /etc and /dev diff passwd /etc # Compares ./passwd to /etc/passwd DESCRIPTION
the same name, when file1 and file2 are both directories" difference encountered" Diff compares two files and generates a list of lines telling how the two files differ. Lines may not be longer than 128 characters. If the two arguments on the command line are both directories, diff recursively steps through all subdirectories comparing files of the same name. If a file name is found only in one directory, a diagnostic message is written to stdout. A file that is of either block special, character special or FIFO special type, cannot be compared to any other file. On the other hand, if there is one directory and one file given on the command line, diff tries to compare the file with the same name as file in the directory directory. SEE ALSO
cdiff(1), cmp(1), comm(1), patch(1). DIFF(1)