Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Scan for new SAN with FC on suse 9 (SLES9) Post 302933300 by mehrdad68 on Thursday 29th of January 2015 08:45:07 AM
Old 01-29-2015
Scan for new SAN with FC on suse 9 (SLES9)

Hi,
I connect the server to new SAN with FC (fiber channel). I run the scan but there is no multipath is installed on the server, how can I see which /dev/dm- is the right one so I can create pv (pvcreate)?Smilie

# cat /etc/SuSE-release
SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (x86_64)
VERSION = 9
PATCHLEVEL = 3
#

Br
mehhos

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

2. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies
VGEXTEND(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VGEXTEND(8)

NAME
vgextend - add physical volumes to a volume group SYNOPSIS
vgextend [-A|--autobackup {y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--restoremissing] [-f|--force] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [PHYSICAL DEVICE OPTIONS] VolumeGroupName PhysicalDevicePath [PhysicalDevicePath...] DESCRIPTION
vgextend allows you to add one or more initialized physical volumes (see pvcreate(8)) to an existing volume group to extend it in size. Moreover, it allows you to re-add a physical volume that has gone missing previously, due to a transient device failure, without re-ini- tialising it. Use vgextend --restoremissing to that effect. If PhysicalDevicePath was not previously configured for LVM with pvcreate(8), the device will be initialized with the same default values used with pvcreate(8). If non-default pvcreate(8) values are desired, they may be given on the commandline with the same options as pvcre- ate(8). See PHYSICAL DEVICE OPTIONS for available options. Note that the restore-related options such as --restorefile, --uuid and --physicalvolumesize are not available. If a restore operation is needed, use pvcreate(8) and vgcfgrestore(8). OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. PHYSICAL DEVICE OPTIONS
The following options are available for initializing physical devices in the volume group. These options are further described in the pvcreate(8) man page. -f, --force -y, --yes -Z, --zero {y|n} --labelsector sector --metadatasize size --metadataignore {y|n} --pvmetadatacopies copies --dataalignment alignment --dataalignmentoffset alignment_offset Examples Extends the existing volume group "vg00" by the new physical volumes (see pvcreate(8)) "/dev/sda4" and "/dev/sdn1". vgextend vg00 /dev/sda4 /dev/sdn1 SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8), vgreduce(8), pvcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.105(2)-RHEL7 (2014-03-26) VGEXTEND(8)