Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Calculating the running time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculating the running time Post 302933175 by sea on Wednesday 28th of January 2015 09:26:13 AM
Old 01-28-2015
GNU/Linux is rather vague.
When asked about OS/shell, please post the output of these:
Code:
uname -a
$SHELL --version

Hope i understood you right, if so, you could try:
(Note: i've just reused your code, the variable its name should give a hint though)
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash
TABLE_WITH_PROCESS=$(ps -eaf | grep pmdtm | awk '{split($5,a,":");print((a[1]*60)+a[2]),$2}' | sort | uniq)
MINUTES_OF_THE_DAY=$(date +"%T" | awk -F: '{print ($1 * 60) + $2}')

for pid in $(echo "$TABLE_WITH_PROCESS"|awk '{print $2}')
do
	pid_runtime=$(echo "$TABLE_WITH_PROCESS"|grep $pid|awk '{print $1}')

if [ $pid_runtime -gt $MINUTES_OF_THE_DAY ]
	then	pmstack -p $pid
		echo "pmstack -p $pid exited with $?"
	else	echo "Skipped: $pid"
	fi
done

hth
This User Gave Thanks to sea For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating the time difference, when the script was executed and the currenent file

Hi, I has created the shell script in HP_UX 11.23 and using the command, echo $(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S) > $DIR/alert, placing the time of running the script into a file alert. I want to compare the time in the above file alert with the current time.If difference is more than 5 min, then print the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: velocitnitin
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating delay time - bash

Hi, I am having the following problem. test > hourOfDay=06 ; delayTime=$(((9-$hourOfDay)*60)) ; echo $delayTime 180 test > hourOfDay=07 ; delayTime=$(((9-$hourOfDay)*60)) ; echo $delayTime 120 test > hourOfDay=08 ; delayTime=$(((9-$hourOfDay)*60)) ; echo $delayTime bash: (9-08: value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbsimon000
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating completion time

The date construct in UNIX can be used to calculate when something is finished: date -v+1H displays the time 1 hour from now. I want to use the same construct in a script, but it is leading to error messages: echo "Finished at: " `date -v+$durationH` where $duration is calculated based on input... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating the Hours between two time values

Dear Folks, I want to calculate the elapsed hours between two time columns. I am using timestampdiff method for the same. I am able to get the value. But facing an issue of decimal values. For example the elapsed hours between 09:00:00 and 20:30:00 is coming as 11 instead of 11.5. I am using below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Calculating time difference between many directories in UNIX

A report needs to come some what similar to this No of elements Stream Batch No Load time A B C D A,B,C im able to get quite easily wc -l /usr/local/intranet/areas/prod/output/SRGW_0?/*/MESSAGE_T.dat O/P of above command. A B C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peckenson
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating Running Variance Using Awk

Hi all, I am attempting to calculate a running variance for a file containing a column of numbers. I am using the formula variance=sum((x-mean(x))^2)/(n-1), where x is the value on the current row, and mean(x) is the average of all of the values up until that row. n represents the total number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating time windows from logfile timestamps

Hey all. I am working on some scripts in bash to perform a variety of functions; there are a variety of steps involved, and they must happen in a specific sequence; what I need help with is a way to calculate some differences in a timestamp in a logfile. One of the steps in the scripts I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danowar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating script run time in Solaris OS

Hi All, I have written script and wanted to know the run time of it in seconds. i used below logic but am not getting the results in second instead getting error. cat pkloader.sh # if you want to calculate the time in milliseconds then use $(date +%s%N) START_TIME=`date +%s` echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating Time difference Between two Rows in Linux

16:45:51 10051 77845 16:45:51 10051 77845 16:46:52 10051 77846 16:46:53 10051 77846 Match the last PID then subtract second line time with first line. Please help me with any command or script. working in media company on a project OS: RHEl7 tried command: awk 'function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
2 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)