Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Unable to SSH from Windows client to Ubuntu Server Post 302933136 by lombardi4851 on Tuesday 27th of January 2015 08:28:55 PM
Old 01-27-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Is it running a firewall?
I have uninstalled the firewall from the linux server and disabled the windows firewall

---------- Post updated at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandolf989
In addition to the previous post have you added anything to /etc/hosts.deny?
only uncommented line in /etc/hosts.deny is this:

Code:
ALL: ALL

---------- Post updated at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
CAn both hosts ssh to their own full domain name, not localhost/IP? Do both IPs reverse lookup from the other end?
There isn't a domain. This is a private home network, I have a workgroup setup. In the smb.conf file I have the workgroup defined.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

What's the difference between an SSH Client and an SSH Server?

Eh... yeah. What the title says. :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PSC
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ssh client and Windows remote Desktop

Dear All , I want to Access my office computer form the home. The enviourment is like the following : 1- From my home I connect for the office via VPN connection to Unix server lets say it's IP is 11.11.11.11 and till now every thing is OK and I can access the machine normally . 2- In my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ssh: sending password from windows client

Hi. My workstation is Windows. I use putty to connect to unix servers. The problem is that i'm doing it many times a day and each time i need to supply password. I have no control on ssh configuration on servers, because of account restrictions. So i can't use key authentication, how is suggested... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
4 Replies

4. AIX

ssh login from windows client

I am a new user and i wish to connect to a unix(AIX) server from a windows client using ssh.A detailed solution would be highly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayb3004
1 Replies

5. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

6. SuSE

HELP for Newbie: Unable to run GUI installer (Ubuntu client connected to SLES server)

Hello All, I'm using my Ubuntu 10.04 client connected via SSH to a SuSE Linux server (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) version 11 patchlevel=1). I'm trying to run an install of WebSphere Portal but can't seem to be able to run the GUI installer. Running xclock as root returns this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartrait
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to configure NIS client server

Dear all, I am using solaris 10 OS. I configured NIS server and i also configured NIS client server but when i use the command ypinit -s sunserv1 in NIS client it is showing me the below error. Enumerates maps from sunserv1. please check that it is running. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

LDAP and PAM Configurations for Windows 2008 R2 ADS and Cubox Ubuntu client

Please I am having problem to login using Active Directory Services 2008 R2 accounts on a cubox ubuntu (2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2 #46). "getent passwd" only shows local users, however I can querry ADS users using ldapsearch command. I have 2 systems, one that does not use gdm can login with all users... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: powelltallen
0 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

LDAP and PAM Configurations for Windows 2008 R2 ADS and Cubox Ubuntu client

Please I am having problem to login using Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory Services accounts on a cubox ubuntu (2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2 #46). "getent passwd" only shows local users, however I can querry ADS users using ldapsearch command. I have 2 systems, one that does not use gdm can login with all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powelltallen
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Unable to boot Ubuntu server 15.10

Hi; I had Windows Server 2003 and performed a fresh Ubuntu Server 15 installation. After installation, Ubuntu server not booting I guess there is boot problem conflicting with my old Windows Server. This is my pastebin: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13851828/ Any help to start my new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)