Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remoting sudo commands & bypassing bashrc Post 302933105 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 27th of January 2015 03:28:34 PM
Old 01-27-2015
As RudiC pointed out you can check for an interactive shell before running the menu:

eg:

Code:
if [[ $- == *i* ]]
then
    menu code here
fi

This should upset the DBAs too much as they will still get the menu on an interactive login.

Otherwise you could try piping /dev/null to the sudo command:

Code:
ssh remotehost "sudo -i -u oracle script.bash </dev/null"

in the hope the menu will close if it encounters EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging all commands after a sudo su-

Hi there, It might seem tricky, I confess. We use sudo to allow people to initiate priviledged commands (but not all commands) on our Unix systems. To by pass this, some people initiate the sudo su - command ; The main issue is to 'know' what those people do when they gain root access.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxmtl
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bashrc question re: rm -i & ls --colors

QUESTION #1: I have this in my .bashrc file: alias rm='rm -i' Problem is, there are 3 files that I remove many times a day and would like this command to ignore these 3 files. In other words, prompt me on everything EXCEPT these 3 files. Is this possible? QUESTION #2: Also in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
16 Replies

3. AIX

Add sudo executable commands

Guy's I have sudo already installed in AIX , just I want to know how can I add for example the following commands to be executed by sudo by (appuser).. shutdown /usr/startapp.sh /usr/stopapp.sh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo commands list

Hi, Can you please give me a list of commands executed through 'sudo' command, thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

5. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo: blocking specific commands

Hello all, I manage some HP-UX 11.31 servers. I have some users that have sudo access. All of them belong to the 'sudoers' user group. Right now, sudo is configured as wide open: %sudoers ALL=(ALL) ALL We are using sudo mostly for auditing purposes - when a user wants to run a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
9 Replies

7. AIX

track commands run as root after sudo

I'm looking for a way to track commands that are run as root after a user runs sudo su - root. I have a profile set up for root that will track the commands by userid but if we change the shell it only stores it in that shells history file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run sudo commands under a script?

Hi, I am new to scripting. I am trying to write a script to ssh one remote machine and run a sudo command. ssh <hostname> sudo -S <command> < ~/pass.txt I am stored my password in pass.txt. I am getting error sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified Please suggest me how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkia9
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Sudo commands without puting in .bashrc

dear all, When I start my laptop, I need to run one command /etc/init.open-afs start and it require sudo privilege. The only solution which occur to me is to put this command in .bashrc. But then the trouble comes as everytime I open any new tab it ask for the sudo password, which is pretty... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

Tracking what commands were executed after sudo to another user

All team members has sudo access to user "batch55". Need to track all the commands used by team members after sudo to "batch55". Using HP-UX and ksh shell in our environment. How can i acheive this? Thanks In Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatababu
2 Replies
menu_userptr(3X)														  menu_userptr(3X)

NAME
menu_userptr - associate application data with a menu item SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int set_menu_userptr(MENU *menu, void *userptr); void *menu_userptr(const MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
Every menu and every menu item has a field that can be used to hold application-specific data (that is, the menu-driver code leaves it alone). These functions get and set the menu user pointer field. RETURN VALUE
Except for menu_userptr (which returns NULL on error), each function returns one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
curses(3X), menu(3X). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. The user pointer should be a void pointer. We leave it as a char pointer for SVr4 compatibility. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. menu_userptr(3X)