Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Unable to SSH from Windows client to Ubuntu Server Post 302933092 by gandolf989 on Tuesday 27th of January 2015 01:45:50 PM
Old 01-27-2015
In addition to the previous post have you added anything to /etc/hosts.deny?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

What's the difference between an SSH Client and an SSH Server?

Eh... yeah. What the title says. :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PSC
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ssh client and Windows remote Desktop

Dear All , I want to Access my office computer form the home. The enviourment is like the following : 1- From my home I connect for the office via VPN connection to Unix server lets say it's IP is 11.11.11.11 and till now every thing is OK and I can access the machine normally . 2- In my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ssh: sending password from windows client

Hi. My workstation is Windows. I use putty to connect to unix servers. The problem is that i'm doing it many times a day and each time i need to supply password. I have no control on ssh configuration on servers, because of account restrictions. So i can't use key authentication, how is suggested... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
4 Replies

4. AIX

ssh login from windows client

I am a new user and i wish to connect to a unix(AIX) server from a windows client using ssh.A detailed solution would be highly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayb3004
1 Replies

5. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

6. SuSE

HELP for Newbie: Unable to run GUI installer (Ubuntu client connected to SLES server)

Hello All, I'm using my Ubuntu 10.04 client connected via SSH to a SuSE Linux server (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) version 11 patchlevel=1). I'm trying to run an install of WebSphere Portal but can't seem to be able to run the GUI installer. Running xclock as root returns this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartrait
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to configure NIS client server

Dear all, I am using solaris 10 OS. I configured NIS server and i also configured NIS client server but when i use the command ypinit -s sunserv1 in NIS client it is showing me the below error. Enumerates maps from sunserv1. please check that it is running. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

LDAP and PAM Configurations for Windows 2008 R2 ADS and Cubox Ubuntu client

Please I am having problem to login using Active Directory Services 2008 R2 accounts on a cubox ubuntu (2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2 #46). "getent passwd" only shows local users, however I can querry ADS users using ldapsearch command. I have 2 systems, one that does not use gdm can login with all users... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: powelltallen
0 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

LDAP and PAM Configurations for Windows 2008 R2 ADS and Cubox Ubuntu client

Please I am having problem to login using Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory Services accounts on a cubox ubuntu (2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2 #46). "getent passwd" only shows local users, however I can querry ADS users using ldapsearch command. I have 2 systems, one that does not use gdm can login with all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powelltallen
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Unable to boot Ubuntu server 15.10

Hi; I had Windows Server 2003 and performed a fresh Ubuntu Server 15 installation. After installation, Ubuntu server not booting I guess there is boot problem conflicting with my old Windows Server. This is my pastebin: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13851828/ Any help to start my new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies
TCPDCHK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							TCPDCHK(8)

NAME
tcpdchk - tcp wrapper configuration checker SYNOPSIS
tcpdchk [-a] [-d] [-i inet_conf] [-v] DESCRIPTION
tcpdchk examines your tcp wrapper configuration and reports all potential and real problems it can find. The program examines the tcpd access control files (by default, these are /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny), and compares the entries in these files against entries in the inetd network configuration file. tcpdchk reports problems such as non-existent pathnames; services that appear in tcpd access control rules, but are not controlled by tcpd; services that should not be wrapped; non-existent host names or non-internet address forms; occurrences of host aliases instead of official host names; hosts with a name/address conflict; inappropriate use of wildcard patterns; inappropriate use of NIS netgroups or references to non-existent NIS netgroups; references to non-existent options; invalid arguments to options; and so on. Where possible, tcpdchk provides a helpful suggestion to fix the problem. OPTIONS
-a Report access control rules that permit access without an explicit ALLOW keyword. -d Examine hosts.allow and hosts.deny files in the current directory instead of the default ones. -i inet_conf Specify this option when tcpdchk is unable to find your inetd.conf network configuration file, or when you suspect that the program uses the wrong one. -v Display the contents of each access control rule. Daemon lists, client lists, shell commands and options are shown in a pretty- printed format; this makes it easier for you to spot any discrepancies between what you want and what the program understands. FILES
The default locations of the tcpd access control tables are: /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny SEE ALSO
tcpdmatch(8), explain what tcpd would do in specific cases. hosts_access(5), format of the tcpd access control tables. hosts_options(5), format of the language extensions. inetd.conf(5), format of the inetd control file. AUTHORS
Wietse Venema (wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl), Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, Eindhoven University of Technology Den Dolech 2, P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands TCPDCHK(8)