Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace 0 with 1 in multiple fields with awk Post 302933008 by Rabu on Tuesday 27th of January 2015 02:21:00 AM
Old 01-27-2015
Thanks Ravinder for the explanation!
And thanks for the heads up, MadeInGermany.

If my input file contains multiple fields (14), would there be any way of doing this for every even numbered field without having to put in $2, $4, $6, $8 etc...

Code:
1       3       3       2       4       2       4       0       2       0       2       0       4       0
3       3       4       0       5       0       2       0       3       0       3       4       4       3
4       0       5       4       3       2       2       3       2       3       4       4       2       4
5       2       2       0       2       2       2       3       2       3       3       2       1       2
5       3       4       0       6       0       9       4       9       4       3       1       2       2
6       0       3       2       4       0       9       4       4       9       3       0       1       0

Overall, I want to replace all the 0's with 1's in all even numbered fields. I think this could be done using a for loop, but I don't know how to just select the even numbered fields.

Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk to replace empty fields with the latest nonempty field

Hi suppose I have a csv file like this count,1977,1978,1979 usa, , , blue japan, red, yellow,green india, , yellow,blue china, blue, yellow, green I want the output to be(replace everything, including empty data, with the most recent data): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK multiple fields separators

I need to print the second field of a file, taking spaces, tab and = as field separators. ; for 16-bit app support MAPI=1 CMC=1 CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll MAPIX=1 MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1 OLEMessaging=1 asf=MPEGVideo asx=MPEGVideo ivf=MPEGVideo m3u=MPEGVideo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PamPam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with search and replace in multiple fields

I have a pipe delimited file with 27 fields. Each record has 26 fields. I need to search for the 25,26,27 fields and replace "," with nothing. How can I acheive this. Sed is more preferred. e.g data row o/p (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: merge two files and replace some fields

Need some code tweak: awk 'END { for (i=1; i<=n; i++) if (f2]) print f2] } NR == FNR { f2 = $1] = $0 next } $1 in f2 { delete f2 }1' FS=, OFS=, 2.csv 1.csv > 3.csvfile 1.csv have: $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9...... file 2.csv have: $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u10
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace in multiple fields using awk

Hi, Say I have a record "1|22| | |". In which the third and fourth fields are <space> alone. I have to replace the <Space> with <null>. Input: "1|22| | |" --> "1|22|<space> |<space> |" Expected output: "1|22|||" --> "1|22|<null> |<null>|" I tried: echo "1|22| | |" | awk -F... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub multiple fields

Hi, I am trying to execute this line awk -F ";" -v OFS=";" '{gsub(/\./,",",$6); print}' FILE but for multiple fields $6 $7 $8 Do you have a suggstion? Tried: awk -F ";" -v OFS="";"" "function GSUB( F ) {gsub(/\./,\",\",$F); print} { GSUB( 6 ); GSUB( 7 ); GSUB( 8 ) } 1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find fields and replace using awk

Code: Using ksh Var1=`awk -F";" {print $1}' Input2.txt` cat Input1.txt | awk -F";" '{$3="Var1"}' > Output.txt (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiple fields separators

Can you please help me with this .... Input File share "FTPTransfer" "/v31_fs01/root/FTP-Transfer" umask=022 maxusr=4294967295 netbios=NJ09FIL530 share "Test" "/v31_fs01/root/Test" umask=022 maxusr=4294967295 netbios=NJ09FIL530 share "ENR California" "/v31_fs01/root/ENR California"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a filed into multiple fields using awk

Hi, I have a tab delimited file as below: AWA Divi DD01 None 1 2 Room AC 01-MAY-15 31-OCT-15 OT 01-MAY-15 31-OCT-15 CF 01-MAY-15 31-OCT-15 AW0 Beach DD02 None 1 2 Double AC 01-MAY-15 31-OCT-15 AD 01-MAY-15 31-OCT-15 The number of columns(fields) after 7th field is not fixed and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby_2000
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple fields with awk

so its common knowledge one can print multiple fields with simple commands like this: echo 12 44 45 552 24 | awk '{print $1,$4,$3}' but suppose i want to avoid specifying the "$" symbol. is that possible? can something like this be done: echo 12 44 45 552 24 | awk '{print $(1,4,3)}' ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies
pamcut(1)						      General Commands Manual							 pamcut(1)

NAME
pamcut - cut a rectangle out of a PAM, PBM, PGM, or PPM image SYNOPSIS
pamcut [-left leftcol] [-right rightcol] [-top toprow] [-bottom bottomrow] [-width width] [-height height] [-pad] [-verbose] [ left right width height ] [pnmfile] All options may be abbreviated to the shortest unique prefix. DESCRIPTION
Reads a PAM, PBM, PGM, or PPM image as input. Extracts the specified rectangle, and produces the same kind of image as output. There are two ways to specify the rectangle to cut: arguments and options. Options are easier to remember and read, more expressive, and allow you to use defaults. Arguments were the only way available before July 2000. If you use both options and arguments, the two specifications get mixed in an unspecified way. To use options, just code any mixture of the -left, -right, -top, -bottom, -width, and -height options. What you don't specify defaults. It is an error to overspecify, i.e. to specify all three of -left, -right, and -width or -top, -bottom, and -height. To use arguments, specify all four of the left, right, width, and height arguments. left and top have the same effect as specifying them as the argument of a -left or -top option, respectively. width and height have the same effect as specifying them as the argument of a -width or -height option, respectively, where they are positive. Where they are not positive, they have the same effect as specifying one less than the value as the argument to a -right or -bottom option, respectively. (E.g. width = 0 makes the cut go all the way to the right edge). Before July 2000, negative numbers were not allowed for width and height. Input is from Standard Input if you don't specify the input file pnmfile. Output is to Standard Output. If you are splitting a single image into multiple same-size images, pamdice is faster than running pamcut multiple times. OPTIONS
-left The column number of the leftmost column to be in the output. If a nonnegative number, it refers to columns numbered from 0 at the left, increasing to the right. If negative, it refers to columns numbered -1 at the right, decreasing to the left. -right The column number of the rightmost column to be in the output, numbered the same as for -left. -top The row number of the topmost row to be in the output. If a nonnegative number it refers to rows numbered from 0 at the top, increasing downward. If negative, it refers to columns numbered -1 at the bottom, decreasing upward. -bottom The row number of the bottom-most row to be in the output, numbered the same as for -top. -width The number of columns to be in the output. Must be positive. -height The number of rows to be in the output. Must be positive. -pad If the rectangle you specify is not entirely within the input image, pamcut fails unless you also specify -pad. In that case, it pads the output with black up to the edges you specify. You can use this option if you need to have an image of certain dimensions and have an image of arbitrary dimensions. pnmpad also adds borders to an image, but you specify their width directly. -verbose Print information about the processing to Standard Error. SEE ALSO
pnmcrop(1), pnmpad(1), pnmcat(1), pgmslice(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 03 August 2000 pamcut(1)