Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Unable to SSH from Windows client to Ubuntu Server Post 302932954 by Corona688 on Monday 26th of January 2015 04:15:49 PM
Old 01-26-2015
Can the Peppermint system ssh to itself?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

What's the difference between an SSH Client and an SSH Server?

Eh... yeah. What the title says. :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PSC
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ssh client and Windows remote Desktop

Dear All , I want to Access my office computer form the home. The enviourment is like the following : 1- From my home I connect for the office via VPN connection to Unix server lets say it's IP is 11.11.11.11 and till now every thing is OK and I can access the machine normally . 2- In my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ssh: sending password from windows client

Hi. My workstation is Windows. I use putty to connect to unix servers. The problem is that i'm doing it many times a day and each time i need to supply password. I have no control on ssh configuration on servers, because of account restrictions. So i can't use key authentication, how is suggested... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
4 Replies

4. AIX

ssh login from windows client

I am a new user and i wish to connect to a unix(AIX) server from a windows client using ssh.A detailed solution would be highly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayb3004
1 Replies

5. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

6. SuSE

HELP for Newbie: Unable to run GUI installer (Ubuntu client connected to SLES server)

Hello All, I'm using my Ubuntu 10.04 client connected via SSH to a SuSE Linux server (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) version 11 patchlevel=1). I'm trying to run an install of WebSphere Portal but can't seem to be able to run the GUI installer. Running xclock as root returns this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartrait
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to configure NIS client server

Dear all, I am using solaris 10 OS. I configured NIS server and i also configured NIS client server but when i use the command ypinit -s sunserv1 in NIS client it is showing me the below error. Enumerates maps from sunserv1. please check that it is running. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

LDAP and PAM Configurations for Windows 2008 R2 ADS and Cubox Ubuntu client

Please I am having problem to login using Active Directory Services 2008 R2 accounts on a cubox ubuntu (2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2 #46). "getent passwd" only shows local users, however I can querry ADS users using ldapsearch command. I have 2 systems, one that does not use gdm can login with all users... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: powelltallen
0 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

LDAP and PAM Configurations for Windows 2008 R2 ADS and Cubox Ubuntu client

Please I am having problem to login using Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory Services accounts on a cubox ubuntu (2.6.32.9-dove-5.4.2 #46). "getent passwd" only shows local users, however I can querry ADS users using ldapsearch command. I have 2 systems, one that does not use gdm can login with all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powelltallen
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Unable to boot Ubuntu server 15.10

Hi; I had Windows Server 2003 and performed a fresh Ubuntu Server 15 installation. After installation, Ubuntu server not booting I guess there is boot problem conflicting with my old Windows Server. This is my pastebin: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13851828/ Any help to start my new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies
NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					     NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)

NAME
network_namespaces - overview of Linux network namespaces DESCRIPTION
Network namespaces provide isolation of the system resources associated with networking: network devices, IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net directory (which is a symbolic link to /proc/PID/net), the /sys/class/net directory, various files under /proc/sys/net, port numbers (sockets), and so on. A physical network device can live in exactly one network namespace. When a network namespace is freed (i.e., when the last process in the namespace terminates), its physical network devices are moved back to the initial network namespace (not to the parent of the process). A virtual network (veth(4)) device pair provides a pipe-like abstraction that can be used to create tunnels between network namespaces, and can be used to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace. When a namespace is freed, the veth(4) devices that it contains are destroyed. Use of network namespaces requires a kernel that is configured with the CONFIG_NET_NS option. SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), veth(4), proc(5), sysfs(5), namespaces(7), user_namespaces(7), brctl(8), ip(8), ip-address(8), ip- link(8), ip-netns(8), iptables(8), ovs-vsctl(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2018-02-02 NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)