Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identify full path in argument Post 302932940 by achenle on Monday 26th of January 2015 01:52:48 PM
Old 01-26-2015
You can also just use 'realpath':

realpath(1) - Linux man page

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting the path part of an argument

Seems I'm inundating this forum with questions, but anyway: I am writing a script that should accept one and only one argument when called. That argument should designate a file, either with path/filename or just filename. Now to the difficult bit: I want to figure out a way to store... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting full path from relative path

given a relative path, how do i convert it into a full one. i.e. if i am in /home/polypus and i am given foo/bar then to get a full path i can just concatinate it with pwd, but what if i am given "../mama" how do i programmatically convert: /home/polypus and ../mama into ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: polypus
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing files with full path

Hi, I need to store all the files in a directory to a text file with its full path. The example below can explain: ./File1.txt ./File2.txt ./Folder1/File11.txt ./Folder1/File12.txt ./Folder1/Folder11/File111.txt ./Folder2/file21.txt : : The ls -R1 command won't give the result as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sethu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

list file with full path

This has been bugging me for a while. How can i list file to show full path. /directory/test $ ls file.tst file.tst $ desired output: /directory/test/file.tst (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing full path as argument when it contains variable strings

Hi, In directory "inoutfiles", I have folders fold0001, fold0002 and so on. Every folder has corresponding file file0001.txt, file0002.txt and so on. I want to perform a certain action on multiple files in one go. The cpp file is in the same directory as "inoutfiles". This is my code : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidD312
0 Replies

8. Programming

Passing full path as argument when it contains variable strings

Hi, In directory "inoutfiles", I have folders fold0001, fold0002 and so on. Every folder has corresponding file file0001.txt, file0002.txt and so on. I want to perform a certain action on multiple files in one go. The cpp file is in the same directory as "inoutfiles". This is my code : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KidD312
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify a full-stop as a sentence delimiter

Hello, Splitting a sentence using the full-stop/question-mark/exclamation is a common device. Whereas the question-mark / exclamation do not pose too much of a problem; the full-stop as a sentence delimiter raises certain issues because of its varied use: just to name a few. Standard parsers... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
9 Replies

10. Hardware

How to identify virtual/physic disk path on X4100?

Hello, Currently we have a Oracle X4100 ( Solaris 10 ) server with disk failure. Originally our hardware team thought the disk can be hot-swap, when they stood in front of the server, none of the disk failure LED were on, so now we have no idea which disk is the bad one for replacement. As... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnychen98
2 Replies
XmScrollVisible(library call)											     XmScrollVisible(library call)

NAME
XmScrollVisible -- A ScrolledWindow function that makes an invisible descendant of a ScrolledWindow work area visible SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/ScrolledW.h> void XmScrollVisible( Widget scrollw_widget, Widget widget, Dimension left_right_margin, Dimension top_bottom_margin); DESCRIPTION
XmScrollVisible makes an obscured or partially obscured widget or gadget descendant of a ScrolledWindow work area visible. The function re- positions the work area and sets the specified margins between the widget and the nearest viewport boundary. The widget's location relative to the viewport determines whether one or both of the margins must be adjusted. This function requires that the XmNscrollingPolicy of the ScrolledWindow widget be set to XmAUTOMATIC. scrollw_widget Specifies the ID of the ScrolledWindow widget whose work area window contains an obscured descendant. widget Specifies the ID of the widget to be made visible. left_right_margin Specifies the margin to establish between the left or right edge of the widget and the associated edge of the viewport. This margin is established only if the widget must be moved horizontally to make it visible. top_bottom_margin Specifies the margin to establish between the top or bottom edge of the widget and the associated edge of the viewport. This margin is established only if the widget must be moved vertically to make it visible. For a complete definition of ScrolledWindow and its associated resources, see XmScrolledWindow(3) RELATED
XmScrolledWindow(3). XmScrollVisible(library call)