Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Workspace Manager Menus - dtwmrc file Post 302932915 by MadeInGermany on Monday 26th of January 2015 10:23:20 AM
Old 01-26-2015
The CDE dtwmrc wants word f.exec word
If you have multi-word you must put normal quotes around them "w1 w2" f.exec "w3 w4".
Now you have the problem of quotes inside quotes.
Fortunately the shell accepts single-quotes, and in this case you can use them as well.
Code:
"The 4th line is" f.exec "xterm -e $SHELL -c 'sed -n 4p /folder1/folder2/folder3/file.dat; $SHELL'"

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses -> the best way to use menus

hello there, i'm exploring the curses lib and i'm having some trouble with "defining a style". to clarify: i'm creating a menu driven app and i've been thinking what's the best way to use menus: make global vars (not my favourite), creating a function which designs the menu and returns the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying file from Unix workspace to Windows Network

Hi All, I am new for Unix, and facing one problem I wanted to copy some of files from my Unix workarea to Window network drive. I am not able to use copy or move command for this, as this only works within workarea. Please let me know, how it can be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwanis
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

printer in the workspace

Experts, How to configure to add the printer icon in the workspace. I compared with C3700 and C8000 machine the C3700 have it but in C8000 didnt appeared. they are both running hpux 11.11. apprciate your inputs. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating menus in script file

I'm very new to Unix and know the simplest of its commands. I am trying to write a script file that has a menu with the following options showing: 1) Display all files in a user's home directory. 2) Welcome yourself to the program 3) Display System Information 4) Exit to Windows I am able... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinjin
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script file menus and coding

I am very new to Unix and don't know much about it. I've been trying to create a menu and what I don't understand is how to execute a command once a user makes a selection. I have the menu set up. In fact, the following is the code that I have thus far: #! /bin/csh # This is the UNIX menu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinjin
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening programs in a different workspace

Hello, I have been searching for a way to spawn new processes in a different workspace with no luck. Does anyone know how to do this at the command prompt. I wish to do something like this. >vi a.txt & | workspace 2 is there any way to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ineedhelp#1
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris dtwmrc help

Hi everyone... At work, on our Solaris OS, we have a custom sys.dtwmrc file that controls a custom right-click menu that launches a Java program. I need to edit the dtwmrc file to launch the Java program only if the program is not already running. If the program is already running, I need the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitnix
12 Replies
CHROOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 CHROOT(8)

NAME
chroot -- change root directory SYNOPSIS
chroot [-u -user] [-g -group] [-G -group,group,...] newroot [command] DESCRIPTION
The chroot utility changes its current and root directories to the supplied directory newroot and then exec's command, if supplied, or an interactive copy of the user's login shell. If the -u, -g or -G options are given, the user, group and group list of the process are set to these values after the chroot has taken place. See setgid(2), setgroups(2), setuid(2), getgrnam(3) and getpwnam(3). Note, command or the shell are run as your real-user-id. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is referenced by : SHELL If set, the string specified by SHELL is interpreted as the name of the shell to exec. If the variable SHELL is not set, /bin/sh is used. SEE ALSO
chdir(2), chroot(2), environ(7), jail(8) HISTORY
The chroot utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
chroot should never be installed setuid root, as it would then be possible to exploit the program to gain root privileges. BSD
January 24, 2002 BSD