Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Workspace Manager Menus - dtwmrc file Post 302932897 by damientdm on Monday 26th of January 2015 07:13:39 AM
Old 01-26-2015
Workspace Manager Menus - dtwmrc file

When I execute this command:
Code:
exec xterm –e $SHELL –c “sed –n 4p /folder1/folder2/folder3/file.dat; $SHELL”

I have the expecting result: It opens an new terminal, it shows the 4th line of the file and the terminal window stays open  perfect.

So I tried to write it in the dtwmrc file to have an extra line in the Workspace Manager Menus to execute this command. I add this line in the dtwmrc file:
Code:
“The 4th line is” f.exec xterm –e $SHELL –c “sed –n 4p /folder1/folder2/folder3/file.dat; $SHELL”

But the problem is when I click on the menu “The 4th line is”, it opens a terminal and shows nothing.

I expected to have:
Code:
“content of the 4th line”
WkOps: /export/home/user $ _

But I only have
Code:
WkOps: /export/home/user $ _

I work on Solaris 10

Damien

Last edited by rbatte1; 01-26-2015 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses -> the best way to use menus

hello there, i'm exploring the curses lib and i'm having some trouble with "defining a style". to clarify: i'm creating a menu driven app and i've been thinking what's the best way to use menus: make global vars (not my favourite), creating a function which designs the menu and returns the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying file from Unix workspace to Windows Network

Hi All, I am new for Unix, and facing one problem I wanted to copy some of files from my Unix workarea to Window network drive. I am not able to use copy or move command for this, as this only works within workarea. Please let me know, how it can be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwanis
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

printer in the workspace

Experts, How to configure to add the printer icon in the workspace. I compared with C3700 and C8000 machine the C3700 have it but in C8000 didnt appeared. they are both running hpux 11.11. apprciate your inputs. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating menus in script file

I'm very new to Unix and know the simplest of its commands. I am trying to write a script file that has a menu with the following options showing: 1) Display all files in a user's home directory. 2) Welcome yourself to the program 3) Display System Information 4) Exit to Windows I am able... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinjin
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script file menus and coding

I am very new to Unix and don't know much about it. I've been trying to create a menu and what I don't understand is how to execute a command once a user makes a selection. I have the menu set up. In fact, the following is the code that I have thus far: #! /bin/csh # This is the UNIX menu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinjin
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening programs in a different workspace

Hello, I have been searching for a way to spawn new processes in a different workspace with no luck. Does anyone know how to do this at the command prompt. I wish to do something like this. >vi a.txt & | workspace 2 is there any way to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ineedhelp#1
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris dtwmrc help

Hi everyone... At work, on our Solaris OS, we have a custom sys.dtwmrc file that controls a custom right-click menu that launches a Java program. I need to edit the dtwmrc file to launch the Java program only if the program is not already running. If the program is already running, I need the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitnix
12 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)