Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Perl CGI: No such file and directory: Yet file exists? Post 302932857 by jasondancks on Sunday 25th of January 2015 08:34:03 PM
Old 01-25-2015
Sorry, I misled you guys.

The problem was I was opening a file like so:

Code:
open(GRADES,"<<$grades") or die "got error $! (".($!+0).")\n";

which by itself doesn't make sense. And then I tried to write to the screwed up file handle. I noticed it by chance. Such a bizarre error message.

Thanks anyways Corona.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put header if file exists in a directory

Hi all, I will have to check a directory which is full of files. If any file more than 5 MB of space exists, write on it's head "Checked". Please help me. Thanks in advance! Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of a directory only if a file exists

I'm looking to write a script that will check the contents of a directory, and if any files exist in that directory copy them to a temporary folder. The target files are only resident for a few seconds, so I think the script needs to be running constantly. Any pointers would be really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if directory and file exists

cp $PATHLOGS/$DATE/*.* $TMP/logs_tmp/ cp $PATHLOGS/$DATE1/*.* $TMP/logs_tmp/ Before copying the files I have to check if the directory $DATE1 and $DATE2 exists. If directory exists then, check if the folder contains some files. if the file exists then, check if the file size is greater... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking whether the file exists under a directory and doing a diff

Hi Everyone, I am writing a shell script for the below needs and would like your suggestions and advices. I have a lot of scripting files(Shell Scripts) under the directory: /home/risk_dev/dev I have another directory which has a lot of shell scripts under the directory: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file exists in a directory?

I want to perform SQL *Loader operation only if a file named "load.txt" exists in a directory "/home/loc/etc". Please help how to check this with a if condition. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if the file exists in directory?

Hi Gurus, I have a requests to find if all the file in the filelist exist in certain directory. example: my filelist abc def ddd cde afg how can I find these 5 files exists at director /home/abc Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to copy the file in perl cgi script

Hello experts, I am facing an very typical problem and hope the issue can be solved. I have a page download.cgi in /cgi-bin folder. use CGI; use CGI::Carp qw ( fatalsToBrowser ); use File::Copy copy("C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether file exists in directory

Hi guys, I am beginner trying to learn unix. So any help is welcomed. My requirement is to check whether is a file exists in a particular directory or not. The directory path and filename are taken dynamically with user interaction. So the program should continue only if the $filename... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maris_markur
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check that at least one file exists in the directory.

There are some files with suffix dates like abc_20032019.dat abc_17032019.dat If at least one file exists then perform some operation else exit from execution. Korn shell ---------------------------------- array=($inputdir/abc*.dat) If ] ] then echo " file exits" else echo " file does... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh123
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If file pattern exists in directory then continue

he below looks in $dir for any pattern of fileone. As is, it executes but only returns File found if the exact format in the script exsists. Why isn't a pattern of fileone being looked for and if it is in $dir, File found. I think that is what should happen. Thank you :). dir=/path/to if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
Extratags(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Extratags(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Extratags - Useful Extensions for the CGI Module SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Extratags; $cgi = new CGI::Extratags; print $cgi -> email ('racke@linuxia.de'); print $cgi -> jump ('CONTACT', 'contact us'); print $cgi -> mark ('CONTACT', $cgi -> h2 ('How to contact us')); print $cgi -> row ('Date', 18, 1, 1966); print $cgi -> recall ('Debian CD', artnum => '0-123456'); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Extratags adds several useful methods to the CGI class. email ADDRESS print $cgi -> email ('racke@linuxia.de'); Produces HTML code for a link to an email ADDRESS. jump MARK TEXT print $cgi -> jump ('CONTACT', 'contact us'); Produces HTML code for a link pointing to a target within the current document. mark NAME TEXT print $cgi -> mark ('CONTACT', $cgi -> h2 ('How to contact us')); Generates target NAME for hyperlinks. row [ITEM ...] print $cgi -> row ('Date', 18, 1, 1966); Produces HTML code for a table row with ITEM arguments as cell contents. recall TEXT [NAME [VALUE]] ... foreach my $num (sort (keys %artmap)) { print $cgi -> recall ($artmap{$num}, artnum => $num); print $cgi -> br; } Produces a link to the script itself labeled with TEXT. The NAME/VALUE pairs will be passed as parameters. AUTHOR
Stefan Hornburg, racke@linuxia.de SEE ALSO
perl(1), URI::Escape(3), CGI(3). perl v5.8.4 2004-07-11 Extratags(3pm)