Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Is there an easy way for a moderator to cancel a duplicate account (other than banning the user)? Post 302932787 by bakunin on Saturday 24th of January 2015 03:01:30 PM
Old 01-24-2015
If i remember correctly the admins can merge user accounts. You might want to ask Neo or Scott to do it.

bakunin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help on installing an EASY to use and easy to install command line text editor

Hi again. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming the boards a bit, but I figured I might as well ask all the questions I need answers to at once, and hopefully at least get some. I have installed Solaris 10 on a server. The default text editors are there (vi, ex, ed, maybe others, I know emacs is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
4 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

cancel account

id like to cancel my account please. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samb057
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cancel Account

I accidentally typed a wrong user name... pls delete my account so that i can create a new one.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pat_Martin
4 Replies

6. Solaris

what privilege to assign for user to cancel or disable print queue?

OS Version: Sun Solaris version 9 Other than root, we need operation to manage printer queue by using following command: lprm -P cancel enable/disable What privilege should be given? Pls advise. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

User account

I need to check actual date a user was disabled on my HP-UX server. Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyriac_N
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

[Tip] Housekeeping Tasks Made Easy - User Home directories and Leftover Files

We have regularly questions about how to create users and user accounts. But regularly user accounts need to be deleted too. It is quite easy to delete the user account itself but usually the HOME directory of the user remains. It is good style to remove these directories but simply deleting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
3 Replies
PTHREAD_CANCEL(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_CANCEL(3)

NAME
pthread_cancel -- cancel execution of a thread LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_cancel(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_cancel() function requests that thread be canceled. The target thread's cancelability state and type determines when the cancel- lation takes effect. When the cancellation is acted on, the cancellation cleanup handlers for thread are called. When the last cancellation cleanup handler returns, the thread-specific data destructor functions will be called for thread. When the last destructor function returns, thread will be terminated. The cancellation processing in the target thread runs asynchronously with respect to the calling thread returning from pthread_cancel(). A status of PTHREAD_CANCELED is made available to any threads joining with the target. The symbolic constant PTHREAD_CANCELED expands to a constant expression of type (void *), whose value matches no pointer to an object in memory nor the value NULL. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_cancel() functions will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_cancel() function will fail if: [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. SEE ALSO
pthread_cleanup_pop(3), pthread_cleanup_push(3), pthread_exit(3), pthread_join(3), pthread_setcancelstate(3), pthread_setcanceltype(3), pthread_testcancel(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_cancel() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). AUTHORS
This manual page was written by David Leonard <d@openbsd.org> for the OpenBSD implementation of pthread_cancel(). BSD
January 17, 1999 BSD