Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Difference of dates
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Difference of dates Post 302932557 by Corona688 on Thursday 22nd of January 2015 12:31:32 PM
Old 01-22-2015
You have told us the version of the 5-megabyte file which loads when you hit the power-button on your computer.

Everything else about your system, everything, is up to your distribution.

What is your distribution?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates...

Hi All, Wish you a Happy New year... I have to find the difference between two dates, the result should be the number of days. I have seen the "datecalc" function. Its good, can I have any other alternative. Thanks in Advance Raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates in no of days ???

Hi All How to get the difference between two dates in no of days ??? My date format is like this YYYY/MM/DD. I have to get the no of days between two dates in the given format. I tried to search the forum but nothing came up similar to my requitement. Your help will be appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Days difference between two dates

Hello, I would like to find out the number of days between two dates of the format yyyy-mm-dd. Any help on this is highly appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Data469
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates.

Hi all. My question may seems to be similar to one that already been here. But i need a little other solution. I have two dates in format dd/mm/yyyy. I need to find number of days between them. I need to do it in bash script. I am running on Solaris machine and have cutted 'date' command version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl difference between dates

Hi, Is there any way I can get the difference between two dates in terms of days? I have used this method so far, but I cant format it in terms of days. @a=&DateCalc($date1,$date2,0); The o/p that I am getting is sort of like this: +0:0:0:4:0:0:0 I just want to get 4 days as an o/p.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the difference between dates

Hello! i need to find files lower and bigger that one date i pass, i search in the man find, but i didn't find anything, the only that i find is the parameter -mtime, in this parameter i can pass a number of days, but i need to know the difference between dates, any built-in function for do... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: claw82
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates

Hi! I have two parameters like this: YYYY-MM-DD YYYY-MM-DD My question is, there is a direct command for get the elapsed time between the 2 dates, or I have to find another way? Thx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MalaTomi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi all, I need a help for below requirement. Difference between two dates"12-11-2009" and "03-25-2012" (mm-dd-yy format") in weeks and days and hours Please help me for this. Thanks in adv.... I am working in AIX, so dont have below command:- date --version (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 2 dates

Hi Friends, I have a file that has the contents like below: file1.txt 5,13/07/2013 23:25:25,14/07/2013 19:40:21 5,13/07/2013 23:25:25,14/07/2013 19:40:43 5,12/07/2013 23:50:50,13/07/2013 20:30:26 5,12/07/2013 23:20:24,13/07/2013 19:40:53 60,14/07/2013 00:00:00,14/07/2013 23:00:39... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hi There I am trying to find the difference between two dates in seconds, by taking the first 10 digits of the file name itself, which I have done as shown below: current_time=`date +%s` last_login_of_tim=`date -d @1489662376 +%s` diff_sec=$(($current_time-$last_login_of_tim)) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies
Test::Kwalitee(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Test::Kwalitee(3pm)

NAME
Test::Kwalitee - test the Kwalitee of a distribution before you release it SYNOPSIS
# in a separate test file use Test::More; eval { require Test::Kwalitee; Test::Kwalitee->import() }; plan( skip_all => 'Test::Kwalitee not installed; skipping' ) if $@; DESCRIPTION
Kwalitee is an automatically-measurable gauge of how good your software is. That's very different from quality, which a computer really can't measure in a general sense. (If you can, you've solved a hard problem in computer science.) In the world of the CPAN, the CPANTS project (CPAN Testing Service; also a funny acronym on its own) measures Kwalitee with several metrics. If you plan to release a distribution to the CPAN -- or even within your own organization -- testing its Kwalitee before creating a release can help you improve your quality as well. "Test::Kwalitee" and a short test file will do this for you automatically. USAGE
Create a test file as shown in the synopsis. Run it. It will run all of the potential Kwalitee tests on the current distribution, if possible. If any fail, it will report those as regular diagnostics. If you ship this test and a user does not have "Test::Kwalitee" installed, nothing bad will happen. To run only a handful of tests, pass their names to the module's "import()" method: eval { require Test::Kwalitee; Test::Kwalitee->import( tests => [ qw( use_strict has_tests ) ] ); }; To disable a test, pass its name with a leading minus ("-") to "import()": eval { require Test::Kwalitee; Test::Kwalitee->import( tests => [ qw( -has_test_pod -has_test_pod_coverage ) ] ); }; As of version 1.00, the tests include: o extractable Is the distribution extractable? o has_readme Does the distribution have a README file? o have_manifest Does the distribution have a MANIFEST? o have_meta_yml Does the distribution have a META.yml file? o have_buildtool Does the distribution have a build tool file? o have_changelog Does the distribution have a changelog? o no_symlinks Does the distribution have no symlinks? o have_tests Does the distribution have tests? o proper_libs Does the distribution have proper libs? o no_pod_errors Does the distribution have no POD errors? o use_strict Does the distribution files all use strict? o have_test_pod Does the distribution have a POD test file? o have_test_pod_coverage Does the distribution have a POD-coverage test file? AUTHOR
chromatic, <chromatic at wgz dot org> With thanks to CPANTS and Thomas Klausner, as well as test tester Chris Dolan. BUGS
No known bugs. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 - 2008, chromatic. Some rights reserved. This module is free software; you can use, redistribute, and modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.8.x. perl v5.10.0 2009-08-19 Test::Kwalitee(3pm)