Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Conversion from EBCDIC to Ascii OR unicode Post 302932456 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 21st of January 2015 03:48:33 PM
Old 01-21-2015
And what happens when you try the other code I suggested:
Code:
dd if=so_tran05.dat_bkp conv=ascii

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ascii to ebcdic conversion

Hello, I need a program for ascii to ebsdic conversion. If anybody can help, it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conversion from EBCDIC to ASCII

when i try to convert a mainframe EBCDIC file to ASCII ,i dont see correct file this is the source file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatvelpula
3 Replies

3. Solaris

EBCDIC to ASCII Binary conversion issue on Solaris i-series Unix

Hi All, I am facing EBCDIC to ASCII Binary conversion on Solaris i-series Unix system. However this is working fine on Solaris Sparc Unix system. Input file having EBCDIC format does not work on Solaris i-series Unix system. Could you please tell me, what will be the root cause for same? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: amodkavi
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! EBCDIC format to ASCII

Hi everyone, I have a 70MB EBCDIC file, with record length 102, block size 32742 and IBM standard label. I commanded dd if=input file of=outputfie ibs=32742 cbs=102 conv=ascii but I still don't get a viewable file under ASCII. Can anyone told me what's the problem? Do I need... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrchl86
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion of data - ebcdic to ascii

Hi, I want to convert ebcdic values to ascii values. Are there anyany specific c++ libraries with g++ compiler, which can do it ? gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-54) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
0 Replies

6. Programming

Ebcdic to ascii

Hi, I want to convert ebcdic values to ascii values. Are there anyany specific c++ libraries with g++ compiler, which can do it ? gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-54) (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

EBCDIC TO ASCII Conversion through UNIX Command

Hi All , I have a mainframe file which contains the data in EBCDIC unreadable format.I have downloaded this raw unreadable file from mainframe system to windows in text format then I pushed to Unix system.Now I want to convert this file to ASCII readable format file in unix.Can anyone advise me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for EBCDIC TO ASCII conversion through UNIX

Hi All , We have a mainframe file which is in EBCDIC format.We dont have direct access to mainframe ,client has provided us the mainframe file in unix box.The mainframe file is containing pact data(COMP1 ,COMP2 etc) which are unreadble.Can anyone suggest me how to convert this kind of ebcdic... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

EBCDIC to ASCII conversion

Hi, I have a input file which is EBCIDIC and it has packed decimals. Can anyone help me to convert EBCIDIC file to ASCII(Need to convert even Packed decimal values also to normal format). Thanks swapna (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: swapna_1990
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

EBCDIC to ASCII conversion

Hi, We have a mainframe file which is in EBCDIC format.We dont have direct access to mainframe ,client has provided us the mainframe file.The mainframe file is containing pact data(COMP1 ,COMP2 etc) which are unreadble.Can anyone suggest me how to convert this kind of ebcdic file to ascii... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: swapna_1990
11 Replies
UNICODE(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   UNICODE(1)

NAME
unicode - command line unicode database query tool SYNOPSIS
unicode [options] string DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the unicode command. unicode is a command line unicode database query tool. OPTIONS
-h --help Show help and exit. -x --hexadecimal Assume string to be a hexadecimal number -d --decimal Assume string to be a decimal number -r --regexp Assume string to be a regular expression -s --string Assume string to be a sequence of characters -a --auto Try to guess type of string from one of the above (default) -mMAXCOUNT --max=MAXCOUNT Maximal number of codepoints to display, default: 20; use 0 for unlimited -iCHARSET --io=IOCHARSET I/O character set. For maximal pleasure, run unicode on UTF-8 capable terminal and specify IOCHARSET to be UTF-8. unicode tries to guess this value from your locale, so with properly set up locale, you should not need to specify it. -cADDCHARSET --charset-add=ADDCHARSET Show hexadecimal reprezentation of displayed characters in this additional charset. -CUSE_COLOUR --colour=USE_COLOUR USE_COLOUR is one of on off auto --colour=on will use ANSI colour codes to colourise the output --colour=off won't use colours. --colour=auto will test if standard output is a tty, and use colours only when it is. --color is a synonym of --colour -v --verbose Be more verbose about displayed characters, e.g. display Unihan information, if available. -w --wikipedia Spawn browser pointing to Wikipedia entry about the character. USAGE
unicode tries to guess the type of an argument. For example, you can use any of the following to display information about U+00E1 LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE (a): unicode 00E1 unicode U+00E1 unicode a unicode 'latin small letter a with acute' You can specify a range of characters as argumets, unicode will show these characters in nice tabular format, aligned to 256-byte bound- aries. Use two dots ".." to indicate the range, e.g. unicode 0450..0520 will display the whole cyrillic and hebrew blocks (characters from U+0400 to U+05FF) unicode 0400.. will display just characters from U+0400 up to U+04FF BUGS
Tabular format does not deal well with full-width, combining, control and RTL characters. SEE ALSO
ascii(1) AUTHOR
Radovan Garabik <garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk> 2003-01-31 UNICODE(1)