Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Line count of trace files for 24 period Post 302932422 by bdby on Wednesday 21st of January 2015 12:30:55 PM
Old 01-21-2015
Line count of trace files for 24 period

Hi,
Using solaris 10 5.10 o/s
I am learning awk as I work here on the job.
What I need to do is isolate the trace file for the last 24 hours. After that I need to open those trace files and search for 'TNS-|ORA-' message from each one. These trace files MAY HAVE an occurance of them. I only need to recognize either one just once above before moving onto the next file otherwise it will become time consuming. The ultimate goal here is to do a total count (wc -l) for metric purposes. In other words if that line item includes the above it is to be counted.
So far this is what I got and would like to have some assistance or guidance as to how to complete this.

Code:
ls -l /oracle/diag/rdbms/*/*/trace/*d00*.trc | grep 'Jan 20' | awk '{print $9}'
output:
/oracle/diag/rdbms/abcdef/abcdef/trace/abcdef _d000_21750.trc
/oracle/diag/rdbms/abcdef/abcdef/trace/abcdef_d000_22001.trc
/oracle/diag/rdbms/abcdef/abcdef/trace/abcdef_d001_22002.trc

I generated the above list.
This is what I believe needs to happen next:
I need to loop thru this list, open each line using ‘more’ or ‘cat’ and do a "find" on 'TNS-|ORA-'. If it returns positive add it to the count.
count wc -l.

This part doesn’t work:
Code:
| awk 'BEGIN {more *.trc;} {egrep 'TNS-|ORA-' *.trc} END | wc –l

Any help or suggestions in this matter would be appreciated.
Thanks
al

Last edited by Corona688; 01-21-2015 at 01:39 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert period at the end of each line

file1 contains: this is a test this is a test and only a test this is another test this is another test and only another only i'd like my file to look like this: this is a test. this is a test and only a test. this is another test. this is another test and only another only. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
6 Replies

2. AIX

function trace back and address to line number conversion

Hi, I am new to AIX and I am developing a small tool for our product which helps debug memory leaks etc. Q1)Is there a way in which i can get a function trace back as to the call (lets say malloc() )has been made in which file--> in which function. I tried using the #pragma options (... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wkdunreal
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Adding a Period at the end of a line

I started venturing in learning the art of using AWK/GAWK and wanted to simply added a period from line #11 to line #28 or to the end of the file if there is data. So for example: 11 Centos.NM 12 dojo1 13 redhat.5.5.32Bit 14 redhat.6.2.64Bit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get connection count over a period of time

I used this script to get the connection to a domain in two specific minutes. I need to extend to give result over a range of minutes. The below gives total number of connections in the minutes 00:40 and 01:13 on 22nd March. egrep "22/Mar/2013:00:40|22/Mar/2013:01:13"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the Files between Time Period

All, How to get the list of files through a unix command which exists / created / updated between 8 PM to 11:59 PM from a particular location. Regards Oracle User (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 header count with file2 line count

What I'm trying to accomplish. I receive a Header and Detail file for daily processing. The detail file comes first which holds data, the header is a receipt of the detail file and has the detail files record count. Before processing the detail file I would like to put a wrapper around another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pone2332
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of pattern matches per line for all files in directory

I have a directory of files, each with a variable (though small) number of lines. I would like to go through each line in each file, and print the: -file name -line number -number of matches to the pattern /comp/ for each line. Two example files: cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List line count of multiple files in windows server 2012

how to find out line count ( wc -l ) for multiple fines in windows cmd the command which i a using to find line count for single file is type sec0001.txt | find /c /v "" but how to use it for multiple files to get output filewise as if this command is run like type sec*.txt |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the pipes "|" in line and delete line if count greter then number.

Hello, I have been working on Awk/sed one liner which counts the number of occurrences of '|' in pipe separated lines of file and delete the line from files if count exceeds "17". i.e need to get records having exact 17 pipe separated fields(no more or less) currently i have below : awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies
TRACE-CMD-OPTIONS(1)													      TRACE-CMD-OPTIONS(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-options - list available options from trace-cmd plugins SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd options DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) options command will examine all the trace-cmd plugins that are used by trace-cmd report(1) and list them. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-OPTIONS(1)