Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Interface goes down after 2 minutes Post 302932409 by Junaid Subhani on Wednesday 21st of January 2015 11:24:45 AM
Old 01-21-2015
Its just a simple interface used to access the node. I dont think any sniffing is going on.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls every 5 minutes

I have to check for a directory content: every time it is filled with a file, I have to launch a bash script. So: how to do an ls every 5 minutes (avoiding cron), telling the script to start if the file has appeared in the dir? Have you got better ideas? Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: canduc17
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file creation Time minutes and if file older then 5 minutes execute some stuff

Hello all, Info: System RedHat 7.5 I need to create a script that based on the creation time, if the file is older then 5 minutes then execute some stuff, if not exit. I thought to get the creation time and minutes like this. CreationTime=$(stat -c %y /tmp/test.log | awk -F" " '{ print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies
NG_SPPP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						NG_SPPP(4)

NAME
ng_sppp -- sppp netgraph node type SYNOPSIS
#include <netgraph/ng_sppp.h> DESCRIPTION
An sppp node is a netgraph(4) interface to the original sppp(4) network module for synchronous lines. Currently, sppp(4) supports PPP and Cisco HDLC protocols. An sppp node could be considered as an alternative kernel mode PPP implementation to net/mpd port + ng_ppp(4), and as an alternative to ng_cisco(4) node. While having less features than net/mpd + ng_ppp(4), it is significantly easier to use in the majority of simple configurations, and allows the administrator to not install the net/mpd port. With sppp you do not need any other nodes, not even an ng_iface(4) node. When an sppp node is created, a new interface appears which is accessible via ifconfig(8). Network interfaces corre- sponding to sppp nodes are named sppp0, sppp1, etc. When a node is shut down, the corresponding interface is removed, and the interface name becomes available for reuse by future sppp nodes. New nodes always take the first unused interface. The node itself is assigned the same name as its interface, unless the name already exists, in which case the node remains unnamed. The sppp node allows drivers written to the old sppp(4) interface to be rewritten using the newer more powerful netgraph(4) interface, and still behave in a compatible manner without supporting both network modules. An sppp node has a single hook named downstream. Usually it is connected directly to a device driver hook. The sppp nodes support the Berkeley Packet Filter, bpf(4). HOOKS
This node type supports the following hooks: downstream The connection to the synchronous line. CONTROL MESSAGES
This node type supports the generic control messages, plus the following: NGM_IFACE_GET_IFNAME Returns the name of the associated interface as a NUL-terminated ASCII string. Normally this is the same as the name of the node. SHUTDOWN
This node shuts down upon receipt of a NGM_SHUTDOWN control message. The associated interface is removed and becomes available for use by future sppp nodes. Unlike most other node types and like ng_iface(4) does, an sppp node does not go away when all hooks have been disconnected; rather, an explicit NGM_SHUTDOWN control message is required. EXAMPLES
For example, if you have the cx(4) device, you could run PPP over it with just one command: ngctl mkpeer cx0: sppp rawdata downstream Now you have the sppp0 interface (if this was the first sppp node) which can be accessed via ifconfig(8) as a normal network interface, or via spppcontrol(8) as an sppp(4) interface. SEE ALSO
bpf(4), cx(4), netgraph(4), ng_cisco(4), ng_iface(4), ng_ppp(4), sppp(4), ifconfig(8), ngctl(8), spppcontrol(8) For complex networking topologies you may want to look at net/mpd port. HISTORY
The sppp node type was implemented for FreeBSD 5.0. It was included to the system since FreeBSD 5.3. AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Roman Kurakin <rik@cronyx.ru>. BSD
February 3, 2005 BSD