Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running 3 shell script parallel in another shell script Post 302932375 by sea on Wednesday 21st of January 2015 07:39:25 AM
Old 01-21-2015
You could do:
Code:
script1 arg1 arg2 &
script2 arg1 arg2 arg3 &

Which will send the scripts to a subshell/background job, so you can enter new commands - this is almost 'paralell'.

OR

I'd have a ready solution for you, which got inspired by How to run scripts parallely inside shell script?.
A detailed description to be found in: [BASH] Script to manage background scripts (running, finished, exit code)

Which became part of TUI : https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...k-scripts.html

Preview: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sr...ts/tui-psm.jpg

However, it only execute scripts, without arguments.
So you would have to create for each script a script which calls the script with arguments.
Then pass those 'holding-scripts' to tui-psm.

Hope this helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in parallel

Hi, I am a shell script which takes input parameters and performs various functions. My concern is, if we call the same shell script with different parameter values from different sessions, will the results be inconsistent? Are there any precautions I need to take inorder to avoid conflicts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamjam10k
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with executing parallel sessions for same shell script with different but fixed parameters

Hi Experts, There is a shell script that accepts positional parameter between 1-25 to execute case statement of script depending upon the parameter passed. Now I need to run all the 25 sessions parallely. In each option of case statement it is connecting with sqlplus and executing a select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Opamps123
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script running command in different shell

Hi All, Is there any way where we can run few commands with different shell in a shell script ? Let's have an example below, My first line in script reads below, #!/bin/sh However due to some limitation of "/bin/sh" shell I wanted to use "/bin/bash" while executing few... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel SQL sessions in shell script

i have 3 sqls , sql 1 and sql 2 shuld run in parallel , but sql 3 should run after completion f sql1 nd sql2, my code is as below, please suggest the changes sqlplus username1/password1@DB1 @sql >> log1 & sqlplus username2/password2@DB2 @sql2 >> log1 & how can i execute the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script to check if script itself is running

hi guys we've had nagios spewing false alarm (for the umpteenth time) and finally the customer had enough so they're starting to question nagios. we had the check interval increased from 5 minutes to 2 minutes, but that's just temporary solution. I'm thinking of implementing a script on the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Running a R script with in a shell script

Hi, I do have an R script named KO.R. Basically reads thousands of files, whose name has a pattern that differs at a portion of the file name, List.txt. Row_file1_mile.txt Row_file2_mile.txt Row_file3_mile.txt ... ... Row_file1000_mile.txt Below is a portion of my Rscript that reads... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing shell from a script and running something from the new shell

Hi We use "tcsh" shell . We do the following steps manually: > exec ssh-agent zsh > python "heloo.py" (in the zsh shell) I am trying to do the steps above from a shell script This is what I have so far echo "Executing " exec ssh-agent zsh python "hello.py" exit 0 Problem is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman82
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel for in a Script Shell

Hello, This is my Script which configure a list of nodes. ( 40 nodes, and the configuration 10 minutes) #! /bin/sh if then echo "USE: ./start.sh nodes else nb_lignes=`wc -l $1 | cut -d " " -f1` echo "$nb_lignes machines" for i in $(seq $nb_lignes) //instructions done fi My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)