Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX Ignire Restores
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX Ignire Restores Post 302932359 by vbe on Wednesday 21st of January 2015 05:24:22 AM
Old 01-21-2015
Quote:
created the ignite image
On what?
Did you have a look at the logs make_recovery generates?
If I were you I would start again using the -v (verbose) and -i option and see if its successful from beginning to end...
Then it will depend on how you configured the system for booting, for that you will have to boot to ISL ( interrupting normal boot process and check if you are using a tape that it is put as boor device etc...)

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Copy image on Server-1 and Restores image on Server-2

Hi, I have done Copy image and Restores back on Windows. I have two solaris servers, one contains Solaris OS and Applications on Server-1. Want i required is want to copy image of Server-1 and restores the copied image on Server-2. First of all, is it possibile in Solaris. If it is then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarshads
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Backups and restores in RHEL

Hi, I am new to RHEL. and started exploring/learning RHEL from last few months. I understood LVM and other system admin concepts. But I did not get a chance to explore backup/restore options in RHEL. Can you please explain the procedure on how backups/restores work in linux environment? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
2 Replies
GRUB-SETUP(8)						  System Administration Utilities					     GRUB-SETUP(8)

NAME
grub-setup - set up a device to boot using GRUB SYNOPSIS
grub-setup [OPTION...] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
Set up images to boot from DEVICE. You should not normally run this program directly. Use grub-install instead. -a, --allow-floppy Make the drive also bootable as floppy (default for fdX devices). May break on some BIOSes. -b, --boot-image=FILE Use FILE as the boot image [default=boot.img] -c, --core-image=FILE Use FILE as the core image [default=core.img] -d, --directory=DIR Use GRUB files in the directory DIR [default=/boot/grub] -f, --force Install even if problems are detected -m, --device-map=FILE Use FILE as the device map [default=/boot/grub/device.map] -r, --root-device=DEV Use DEV as the root device [default=guessed] -s, --skip-fs-probe Do not probe for filesystems in DEVICE -v, --verbose Print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. DEVICE must be an OS device (e.g. /dev/sda). REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-install(8), grub-mkimage(1), grub-mkrescue(1) The full documentation for grub-setup is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-setup programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-setup should give you access to the complete manual. grub-setup (GRUB) 1.99-12ubuntu5 October 2011 GRUB-SETUP(8)