Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Proxy Server How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access? Post 302932345 by kwliew999 on Wednesday 21st of January 2015 02:58:16 AM
Old 01-21-2015
Tools How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here,
Smilie
I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server.
In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server.
I would like know how can I set the configuration to perform the filtering of IP to access my Web server?

Thanks in advance for any help.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access Control Lists for Linux (Redhat 7.2)

Hi, Does anyone know if Redhat 7.2 allows for file access control lists as you can in Solaris ? And if so, can you give me the basic command as I'm having trouble finding documentation on this. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ianf
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ways to Access Files on Unix Server via Web

Hi all! I'm a web developer with a question. We have a contractor that is working on a project that requires the user to access a ton of files on the clients Unix server. He has plans to built a VB interface for on site windows users to access those files and wants us to develop a web based... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imhotep1963
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote web server access (apache)

Hi, I have web server (apache) installed in server-1 and i want to view the web pages from diferent servers also while the web server is running only in one server ....(all the servers are connected to office LAN) right now all the servers have apache running......and CPU utilzation is at its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access to particular IP's from the solaris/LINUX server

Hi All, I have a scenario here where in I need to allow a user from the server(Solaris or LINUX) to be able to ssh to a particular set of IP's. Eg:user1 should be able to access IP's 10.26.32.2,10.26.32.7,10.26.32.9 user2 should be able to access IP's 10.1.1.2,10.1.1.4(just an example) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk123
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to redirect to squid login web page when internet access

Hi , I am new user. As you know when acl is defined in /etc/squid/squid.conf file according to its http_access users are able to access internet. Before that .htaccess asks them to access internet. It is fine. I saw in some customised linux servers in place of .htaccess login ,html web page... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeepvson
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parse a Web Server Access Log

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a parser for a web server access log that will provide the statistics outlined below. Remember to format your output in a neat form. You may complete this assignment with one Awk script or a shell script using a combination of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: codyhazelwood
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

Squid vs iptables = no Squid access.log?

Hello, I have a pretty useless satellite link at home (far from any civilization), so I wanted to set up caching in order to speed things up. My Squid 2.6 runs "3128 transparent" and is set up quite well on a separate machine. I also have my dd-wrt router to move all port 80 traffic through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theWojtek
0 Replies
squid(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  squid(8)

NAME
squid - proxy caching server SYNOPSIS
squid [ -dhirsvzCDFINRVYX ] [ -l facility ] [ -f config-file ] [ -[ au ] port ] [ -k signal ] [ -n service-name ] [ -O cmd-line ] DESCRIPTION
squid is a high-performance proxy caching server for web clients, supporting FTP, gopher, and HTTP data objects. Unlike traditional caching software, squid handles all requests in a single, non-blocking, I/O-driven process. squid keeps meta data and especially hot objects cached in RAM, caches DNS lookups, supports non-blocking DNS lookups, and implements nega- tive caching of failed requests. squid supports SSL, extensive access controls, and full request logging. By using the lightweight Internet Cache Protocol, squid caches can be arranged in a hierarchy or mesh for additional bandwidth savings. squid consists of a main server program squid, a Domain Name System lookup program dnsserver, some optional programs for rewriting requests and performing authentication, and some management and client tools. When squid starts up, it spawns a configurable number of dnsserver processes, each of which can perform a single, blocking Domain Name System (DNS) lookup. This reduces the amount of time the cache waits for DNS lookups. squid is derived from the ARPA-funded Harvest Project http://harvest.cs.colorado.edu/ This manual page only lists the command line arguments. For details on how to configure squid see the file /etc/squid/squid.conf, the Squid FAQ and the documentation at the squid home page http://www.squid-cache.org OPTIONS
-d level Write debugging to stderr also. -f file Use the given config-file instead of /etc/squid/squid.conf -h Print help message. -i Install as a Windows Service (see -n option). -k reconfigure | rotate | shutdown | interrupt | kill | debug | check | parse Parse configuration file, then send signal to running copy (except -k parse) and exit. -n name Specify Windows Service name to use for service operations, default is: Squid -r Remove a Windows Service (see -n option). -s Enable logging to syslog. -l facility Use specified syslog facility. implies -s -u port Specify ICP port number (default: 3130), disable with 0. -v Print version. -z Create swap directories -C Do not catch fatal signals. -D Disable initial DNS tests. -F Don't serve any requests until store is rebuilt. -I Override first HTTP port with the bound socket passed in on standard input. -N No daemon mode. -O options Set Windows Service Command line options in Registry. -R Do not set REUSEADDR on port. -X Force full debugging. -Y Only return UDP_HIT or UDP_MISS_NOFETCH during fast reload. FILES
/etc/squid/squid.conf The main configuration file. You must initially make changes to this file for squid to work. For example, the default configura- tion does not allow access from any browser. /usr/share/doc/squid/examples/squid.conf Reference copy of the configuration file. Always kept up to date with the version of Squid you are using. Use this to look up con- figuration syntax after upgrading. /usr/share/squid/mime.conf (mime_table) MIME type mappings for FTP gatewaying /usr/share/squid/errors/en (error_directory) Error page templates SEE ALSO
cachemgr.cgi(8), ncsa_auth(8), pam_auth(8), squid_ldap_auth(8), squid_ldap_group(8), squid_session(8), squid_unix_group(8), The Squid FAQ Squid Web Proxy 2.7.STABLE9 2006-05-29 squid(8)