Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX Ignire Restores
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX Ignire Restores Post 302932251 by stephenred on Tuesday 20th of January 2015 08:23:44 AM
Old 01-20-2015
HPUX Ignite

I'm pretty sure-ignite is part of the standard release-its on the install dvd.
and I was paying for support-don't u think I would have already contacted them? I don't have any software support, hence why I'm reaching out to this forum. I did ignite stuff-15/20 years ago-but it's been a long time. this should be easily do-able, I just need a little help. Thanks

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Copy image on Server-1 and Restores image on Server-2

Hi, I have done Copy image and Restores back on Windows. I have two solaris servers, one contains Solaris OS and Applications on Server-1. Want i required is want to copy image of Server-1 and restores the copied image on Server-2. First of all, is it possibile in Solaris. If it is then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarshads
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Backups and restores in RHEL

Hi, I am new to RHEL. and started exploring/learning RHEL from last few months. I understood LVM and other system admin concepts. But I did not get a chance to explore backup/restore options in RHEL. Can you please explain the procedure on how backups/restores work in linux environment? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
2 Replies
xfs_mdrestore(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  xfs_mdrestore(8)

NAME
xfs_mdrestore - restores an XFS metadump image to a filesystem image SYNOPSIS
xfs_mdrestore [ -g ] source target DESCRIPTION
xfs_mdrestore is a debugging tool that restores a metadata image generated by xfs_metadump(8) to a filesystem. The source argument speci- fies the location of the metadump image and the target argument specifies the destination for the filsystem image. If the source is -, then the metadata image is read from stdin. This allows the output of be another program such as a compression application to be redirected to xfs_mdrestore. The target can be either a file or a device. xfs_mdrestore should not be used to restore metadata onto an existing filesystem unless you are completely certain the target can be destroyed. OPTIONS
-g Shows restore progress on stdout. DIAGNOSTICS
xfs_mdrestore returns an exit code of 0 if all the metadata is successfully restored or 1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
xfs_metadump(8), xfs_repair(8), xfs_check(8), xfs(5) BUGS
Email bug reports to xfs@oss.sgi.com. xfs_mdrestore(8)