Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Openssl trouble by autentification Post 302932148 by Corona688 on Monday 19th of January 2015 12:31:09 PM
Old 01-19-2015
Code:
${login_d}/${passwd_d}@${mydb}

Somewhere along the line your code got pasted into MS Word or some other word processor which has changed your ordinary double quotes into nasty "smart" quotes which the shell takes to be literal characters.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ERROR OpenSSL

ERROR OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 908070, you have 9080bf^M 2009.11.20 15:23:25 ERROR Connection closed^M i am new in solaris,i not have great know in this operative system Help me how i can fixed this, in the machine has installed Solaris Machine hardware: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurio
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. AIX

openssl issue

Gurus, As per audit recommendation i have installed openssl.base 0.9.8.803 and upgraded openssl from 9.7l to 9.8 as prerequisits. But post these installation ssh fails with below error message. exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ssh because of the following errors: 0509-150 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very big delay (about 300 sec) before autentification

Dear all, I got a problem and have no idea how to solve it. I was searching in the forum and google it and have found similar problem but provided solution doesn't help me. I have Solaris 11: Oracle Solaris 11 11/11 X86 Copyright (c) 1983, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
13 Replies

7. Red Hat

Openssl vulnerabilities

Hi there, The following openssl package are installed on the machine (openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64). It isn't the last version but I need to known if this content Vulnerabilities... How to check that on RedHat? Could you please tell me how to find this information?? Thankx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiero_nymus
3 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)