Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Openssl trouble by autentification Post 302932138 by kvok on Monday 19th of January 2015 11:13:20 AM
Old 01-19-2015
Openssl trouble by autentification

Hi,

I got following problem I want to use encrypted password and login for my script for oracle DB.

Code:
  #This was created with  echo "login" | openssl enc -base64  and  echo "password" | openssl enc -base64
  login= bG9naW4K
  passwd= cGFzc3dvcmQK

Im using following syntax :

Code:
  login= bG9naW4K
  passwd= cGFzc3dvcmQK

Code:
  login_d=`echo $login| openssl enc –base64 -d`
  passwd_d=`echo $passwd | openssl enc –base64 -d`

when I perform following commnads :

Code:
  echo -n $ login_d 
  echo –n $passwd_d

it seems to be identical but when I launch
Code:
  con_string=“${login_d}/${passwd_d}@${mydb}“
  select =${/my_select.sql}

sqlplus –s ${con_string} @${select}

it returns: invalid username/password; logon denied

any idea where might be a problem ? maybe there are some invisible chars or something or any idea how to fix it ?

The idea is to not have password and login in text form but encrypted with openssl.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: with 33 posts and membership lasting 5 years you should know better than not to use CODE-tags.

Last edited by bakunin; 01-19-2015 at 12:40 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ERROR OpenSSL

ERROR OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 908070, you have 9080bf^M 2009.11.20 15:23:25 ERROR Connection closed^M i am new in solaris,i not have great know in this operative system Help me how i can fixed this, in the machine has installed Solaris Machine hardware: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurio
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. AIX

openssl issue

Gurus, As per audit recommendation i have installed openssl.base 0.9.8.803 and upgraded openssl from 9.7l to 9.8 as prerequisits. But post these installation ssh fails with below error message. exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ssh because of the following errors: 0509-150 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very big delay (about 300 sec) before autentification

Dear all, I got a problem and have no idea how to solve it. I was searching in the forum and google it and have found similar problem but provided solution doesn't help me. I have Solaris 11: Oracle Solaris 11 11/11 X86 Copyright (c) 1983, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
13 Replies

7. Red Hat

Openssl vulnerabilities

Hi there, The following openssl package are installed on the machine (openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64). It isn't the last version but I need to known if this content Vulnerabilities... How to check that on RedHat? Could you please tell me how to find this information?? Thankx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiero_nymus
3 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies