Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Avoding the ERROR message while using find,move commands Post 302932075 by zaxxon on Monday 19th of January 2015 02:47:12 AM
Old 01-19-2015
You can redirect STDERR to the bucket with adding the following at the end of the same line that gives you the error:
Code:
2> /dev/null

The line with find should give no error - you can also just check if the file exists and only then do the mv.

Last edited by zaxxon; 01-19-2015 at 03:54 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find move

Hello folks. I have read the forum here, almost came close to using some of the hints but too much info so I need a little nudge. OBJECTIVE: I want to write a script that looks at certain type of files, than move those selected files to another directory, however, keeping the structure (PATH)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saswerks
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Error Message: find: cannot open /: Stale NFS file handle

I am using the "find" command below and it respond with the error message " find: cannot open /: Stale NFS file handle" what does it mean? what can I do about it? Need advice, thanks. below are the command that I enter, the respond and the error message: root@ScripServer:/# find / -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find and move

Hello I am new to this board. I was looking for a one line command to find the oldest 10,000 files in a directory and move them. I tried such things as: find . -type f | ls -ltr | head -n 10000 -exec mv {} directory/ \; find . -type f | ls -ltr | head -n 50 | xargs mv directory/ \; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: natasha80
7 Replies

4. AIX

Move Xml files from AIX machine to message queue.

Hi, Im new to message queue... I need to move the xml files from the AIX server to the message queue. Please help me out to write the code.. Thanks, Mohana Krishnan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnan_6015@y
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move xml files from unix to message queue.

Hi, I need to move the XML files from the UNIX to the message queue. Please help me out to write the code.. Thanks, Mohana Krishnan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnan_6015@y
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppressing the terminated message from pkill & killall commands in a bash script

Hi all, I've been pulling my hair out with this problem for 3 days:wall: now without success any help would be massively appreciated. Basically the script is used to shutdown a rails server so a new IP address can be assigned, the shutdown part is taken care of in function_one using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmc
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -exec with 2 commands doesn't work (error incomplete staement)

Hi Gurues, I need to modify an existing script that uses find to search a folder, and then move its contents to a folder. What I need to do is run gzip on each file after it's moved. So, I ran this little test: Put a ls.tar file on my $HOME, mkdir tmp, and then: virtuo@tnpmprd01: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: llagos
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and move

Hello All, /storage3 /storage4 I have written a shell script to locate files older than 7 days in /storage4 folder and move to /storage3.At the same time it will take output as number of files moved and log in a .txt file. It will also find files in /storage3 older than 90 days and remove... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Find and move

Greetings.... Trying to find and move the 30 days old logs #!/bin/bash DATE=`date +%d-%b-%Y` STATUSLOG="$HPATH$DATE-E3Backup.log" HPATH="/ABC/Websphere/" HT=`hostname` BKUPSTR="/ABC/Websphere/$HT/" echo "Moving of old logs Started on $HT " >> $STATUSLOG find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju98458
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Null values in Columns and fail execution by displaying error message

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. I have a requirement as part of my job to find out null/empty values in column 2 and column 3 from a CSV file and exit the further execution of script by displaying a simple error message. I have developed a script to do this by reading various articles... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpk
7 Replies
BEAV(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   BEAV(1)

NAME
beav - binary file editor and viewer SYNOPSIS
beav [file...] DESCRIPTION
This is a brief description of the minimal set of commands that are necessary to start using beav effectively. For more information, review the file /usr/share/doc/beav/beav140.txt.gz. The file-visit command, Ctl-X Ctl-V, can be used to read a file in for editing. The file can also be read in from the command line; beav <edit_file>. Data is displayed in one or more windows. These commands can be used to navigate around the windows. move-back-char Ctl-B moves left move-back-line Ctl-P moves up move-forw-char Ctl-F moves right move-forw-line Ctl-N moves down window-delete Ctl-X 0 delete window window-expand Ctl-X 1 expand window The move-to-byte command, Ctl-X G, will prompt you for a byte position to move to. These commands will insert a zero byte at the cursor position or delete the byte at that position. insert-unit Ctl-X I delete-forw-unit Esc D The file-save command, Ctl-X Ctl-S, will save the data to the file if a change has been made. The help command, Esc ?, will display a list of all commands and their current key bindings. The abort-cmd command, Ctl-G, will abort any command that is in operation. The quit-no-save command, Ctl-X Ctl-C, will exit beav. If there is any data that has not been saved you will be warned. FILES
/usr/share/doc/beav/beav140.txt.gz BEAV(1)