Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Understanding Assembly Code
Top Forums Programming Understanding Assembly Code Post 302932019 by Azrael on Sunday 18th of January 2015 11:15:50 AM
Old 01-18-2015
That actually makes a lot of sense. I think I had just been looking at it too long and over analyzing things. The link you provided seems to be the same as the pdf I'm reading, but with some extra information. Thanks for the clarity!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding Code in IF LOOP

Hello All, I would like to know and understand the difference between the below 3 IF loops and also if possible what are the different other parameters i could use other than those mentioed in the below lF LOOP conditions, appreciate your help. Thanks, Sam. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Understanding the code

hello all, May i know what is this "DEBUG_ME $DEBUG_CMD main" doing in the below code. I am confused with alias also "alias DEBUG_ME='#'". Thanks for your help. set -x alias DEBUG_ME='#' if ; then . /product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/ExtProc/debug.ksh "$1" fi # Declaring the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

3. Programming

Need assembly code for C program

Dear Buddies, I need assembly code for a compiled c program in unix. Kindly help me.... Thanking you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik537
1 Replies

4. Programming

Help with assembly code

I want make simple assembly code for some thing like this a^6+6a^2+2a and range of a is between -3 to 3. I tried but it is not working properly. As this is my first assembly program that I am going to try, I want some help with it. I found this example online but i dont want this kind of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/)$files_age =~ s/h//The code where this was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding some Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/) $files_age =~ s/h// The code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
2 Replies

7. Programming

Understanding perl code

What is the difference between the two statements below? A: $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} = $size B: $size = $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} Please assist. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto-generating assembly code by variables found by script

Hi everybody I'm working on a list of registers(flip-flops to be exact), now i need to extract some value from this list and use them as arguments to pass them to some assembly code for example i have: 118 chain79 MASTER (FF-LE) FFFF 1975829 /TCK F FD1TQHVTT1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl code understanding

Hi, I need to understand below perl code, can some one advise me. perl -MDate::Parse -e'BEGIN{$main::now=time;$main::old=(time-60*30)}' -nE'if(/^(\w+\s+\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+)/) {$t=str2time $1; $t > $old && $t < $now && print}' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help understanding this code!!

Hi guys, I am still learning awk and much apprecated to shed some light on the following: the questions asked is below! { total = i = 0 do { ++i total += $i } while ( total <= 100 ) print i, ":", total } File used: cat test.do 45 25 60 20 10 105 50 40 33 5 9 67 108 3 5 4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apollo
2 Replies
scsi_validate_sense(9F) 				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				   scsi_validate_sense(9F)

NAME
scsi_validate_sense - find descriptor in SCSI sense data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> int scsi_validate_sense(uint8_t *sense_buffer, int sense_buf_len, int *flags); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
sense_buffer Pointer to a buffer containing SCSI sense data. The sense data is expected in wire format starting at the response code. sense_buf_len Length of sense buffer in bytes. flags Returns additional properties of the sense data. DESCRIPTION
The scsi_validate_sense() function returns the format of the sense data contained in the provided sense buffer. If the response code field in the sense data is not recognized or if there is not enough sense data to include sense key, asc, and ascq then scsi_validate_sense() returns SENSE_UNUSABLE. If the buffer contains usable sense data in fixed format, the function returns SENSE_FIXED_FORMAT. If the buffer contains usable sense data in descriptor format, the function returns SENSE_DESCR_FORMAT. The following flags may be set as appropriate depending on the sense data: SNS_BUF_OVERFLOW The sense data buffer provided for the request is too small to hold all the sense data. SNS_BUF_DEFERRED The sense data contained in the buffer relates to an error that has occurred during the processing of a successfully completed command, such as a cached write that could not be commited to the media. RETURN VALUES
SENSE_UNUSABLE The response code from the sense data is unrecognized or not enough sense data present to provide the sense key, asc, and ascq. SENSE_FIXED_FORMAT The sense data in the buffer is in "fixed format". SENSE_DESCR_FORMAT The sense data in the buffer is in "descriptor format". CONTEXT
The scsi_validate_sense() function can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
scsi_ext_sense_fields(9F), scsi_find_sense_descr(9F), scsi_sense_asc(9F), scsi_sense_ascq(9F), scsi_sense_cmdspecific_uint64(9F), scsi_sense_info_uint64(9F), scsi_sense_key(9F) SunOS 5.11 29 Jun 2006 scsi_validate_sense(9F)