Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Enhancing the very limited Command Line. Post 302932012 by drl on Sunday 18th of January 2015 08:03:22 AM
Old 01-18-2015
Hi.

Off the top of my head:
Code:
shtool (1)           - The GNU Portable Shell Tool
busybox (1)          - The Swiss Army Knife of Embedded Linux

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

limited ping "command" at solaris

Hi... Iam new members at this forum. and I have a little problem with "command ping" what the "command to ping at limited time", for example at linux $ping -c5 10.0.0.62 and the responed as below: 64 bytes from 10.0.0.62: icmp_seq=1 ttl=128 time=0.843 ms 64 bytes from 10.0.0.62: icmp_seq=2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilinux
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enhancing Script (using loops) to go through for each group

Currently I have written a shell script that will add departments for one group (displayed below with configuration file). I want to enhance the script in order to add departments to multiple groups by: 1. Making changes to allow the script to loop through and write each dept/group combo into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolo21taf
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Enhancing security of temporary folder

While enhancing security of my temporary folder in the post described in Secure temporary folders on existing Unix or Linux systems | SysAdmin.MD my redirection fails. This commands always fails echo "/mnt/tmp /tmp ext3 loop,noexec,nosuid,rw 0 0" >> /etc/fstab Can anybody please tell my why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: synthea
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
sock2path(4)							   File Formats 						      sock2path(4)

NAME
sock2path - file that maps sockets to transport providers SYNOPSIS
/etc/sock2path DESCRIPTION
The socket mapping file, /etc/sock2path, is a system file that contains the mappings between the socket(3SOCKET) call parameters and the transport provider driver. Its format is described on the soconfig(1M) manual page. The init(1M) utility uses the soconfig utility with the sock2path file during the booting sequence. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A Sample sock2path File The following is a sample sock2path file: # Family Type Protocol Path 2 2 0 /dev/tcp 2 2 6 /dev/tcp 26 2 0 /dev/tcp6 26 2 6 /dev/tcp6 2 1 0 /dev/udp 2 1 17 /dev/udp 26 1 0 /dev/udp6 26 1 17 /dev/udp6 1 2 0 /dev/ticotsord 1 6 0 /dev/ticotsord 1 1 0 /dev/ticlts 2 4 0 /dev/rawip 26 4 0 /dev/rawip6 24 4 0 /dev/rts 27 4 2 /dev/keysock SEE ALSO
soconfig(1M), socket(3SOCKET) Network Interfaces Programmer's Guide SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 1999 sock2path(4)