Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Help in display unsuccessful login in SUSE Linux Post 302931980 by Don Cragun on Saturday 17th of January 2015 04:31:16 PM
Old 01-17-2015
Successful logins can be found with last.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse Linux 9.0 can't login

Hi, I need some help here. I have a Suse Linux here that I can't login to. I used to be able to, but now I can't. I was able to login initially, not too sure what keyboard button I pressed(Alt+Tab, maybe), then it kicks straight to the login screen. Subsequent login as root didn't manage to get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suseli
0 Replies

2. SuSE

Can we disable/delay login ports in suse linux ?

Plz . tell me the command in suse linux to rert availibility of login ports, disable login ports, & delay available login ports. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrguha
3 Replies

3. SuSE

Linux SuSE 10 - Disable Unsuccessful Login History.

When we login to any remote connections in SuSE Linux, say for example, telnet , the following line is displayed "Last Login : Date and time is displayed" I would like to disable this. In SuSE 9, I could find the solution . Please suggest me a solution to disable the line displayed for SuSE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laksmi
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to lock the account after consecutive unsuccessful login

Dears, I want to lock the user's account after consecutive unsuccessful login attempts, how can I do this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlsun
1 Replies

5. SuSE

How to lock the account after consecutive unsuccessful login in SUSE

Hi , Can anyone give ur answer for How to lock the account after consecutive unsuccessful login in SUSE Enterprise 10.2 Linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik04
1 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to login with Domain users in the Suse linux

Hi Team, I have joined the Suse Linux Server in my domain. I am not able update the DNS but I am able to join the domain. net ads testjoin gives me Join ok. even net ads dns register -P results to DNS update failed. wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g also not working. Samba Configuration: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naree
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exit shell script if remote login unsuccessful?

#!/bin/bash for servers in `cat ~/servers` do rosh -l root -n $servers 'if then echo $HOSTNAME else exit 1 fi' done I have few servers in the for loop that is powered off, so whenever I execute my script, it works fine if all the servers are on, but when it tries to execute the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rojan Shakya
1 Replies
getprpw(1M)															       getprpw(1M)

NAME
getprpw - display protected password database SYNOPSIS
parm[,parm]] username DESCRIPTION
displays the user's protected password database settings. This command is available only to the superuser in a trusted system. Normally it is only used via SAM, see sam(1M). uses the configuration file default if is not specified. See nsswitch.conf(4). Options recognizes the following options. Specifies to get information from the local user. Displays the arguments supplied to in raw format Displays the database value for the argument passed. An "invalid-opt" is printed if a list of options passed to contains an invalid option. The rest of the options will be processed. If is specified without all parameters are displayed in the order given below. Boolean values are returned as or (for system default values in Numeric values are specified as positive numbers, 0, or -1. A value of -1 indicates that the field has not been assigned a value in the database. Units of time are returned in number of days (>=0), although the database keeps them in seconds. This and other minor differences between the command parameters and the database fields are consistent with modprpw(1M). The following parameters for the user can be displayed using the option. They are listed below in the order shown in The database fields are fully explained in prpwd(4). user uid boot authorization flag audit id audit flag minimum time between password changes maximum password length password expiration time password lifetime last successful password change time last unsuccessful password change time account expiration time last login time interval password expiration warning time whether user picks password, whether system generates pronounceable passwords, whether password is restricted, i.e, checked for triviality, NULL passwords are allowed, Not recommended! whether system generates passwords having characters only, whether system generates passwords having letters only, time of day allowed for login time of last successful login time of last unsuccessful login tty of last successful login consecutive number of unsuccessful logins so far tty of last unsuccessful login maximum unsuccessful login tries administrator lock, if on, if off, if not set. returns the reason for a lockout in a "bit" valued string, where 0 = condition not present, 1 is present. The position, left to right represents: 1 past password lifetime 2 past last login time (inactive account) 3 past absolute account lifetime 4 exceeded unsuccessful login attempts 5 password required and a null password 6 admin lock 7 password is a * RETURN VALUE
0 success 1 user not privileged 2 incorrect usage 3 cannot find the password file 4 system is not trusted EXAMPLES
Displays the database aging fields for user "someusr". The command displays: WARNINGS
This command is intended for SAM use only. It may change with each release and can not be guaranteed to be backward compatible. Several database fields interact with others. The side effects of an individual change may not cause a problem till much later. Special meanings may apply in the following cases: o an absent field o a field without a value o a field with a zero value HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
System Password file Protected Password Database System Defaults Database SEE ALSO
modprpw(1M), prpwd(4), nsswitch.conf(4). TO BE OBSOLETED getprpw(1M)