Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Perl CGI: No such file and directory: Yet file exists? Post 302931965 by jasondancks on Saturday 17th of January 2015 09:03:31 AM
Old 01-17-2015
I just tested it and yes it does work from command line

script:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use CGI qw(:standard);
use CGI qw(:standard Vars);
use CGI::Carp qw(warningsToBrowser fatalsToBrowser);
use File::Basename;
use lib dirname(__FILE__);
use CreateExam;

my $cgi = CGI->new(\*STDIN);

print $cgi->header();
print $cgi->start_html("test");

my $check = CreateExam->new("/var/www/roger/homeworks/hw13/exam4.txt","/var/www/roger/homeworks/hw13/answers4.txt","/var/www/roger/homeworks/hw13/grades4.txt",0);

print "<p>\n";
print $check->tooktest("dancksj");
print "</p>\n";

print $cgi->end_html();
exit;

output:

Code:
jddancks@debian-macbook:/var/www/roger/homeworks/hw13$ ./testcmdline.pl

Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

<!DOCTYPE html
	PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
	 "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en-US" xml:lang="en-US">
<head>
<title>test</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
</head>
<body>
<p>
1</p>

</body>
</html>

I also tested it in the browser and it worked there as well. I copy/pasted
Code:
my $check = CreateExam->new("/var/www/roger/homeworks/hw13/exam4.txt","/var/www/roger/homeworks/hw13/answers4.txt","/var/www/roger/homeworks/hw13/grades4.txt",0);

right from submit.cgi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put header if file exists in a directory

Hi all, I will have to check a directory which is full of files. If any file more than 5 MB of space exists, write on it's head "Checked". Please help me. Thanks in advance! Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of a directory only if a file exists

I'm looking to write a script that will check the contents of a directory, and if any files exist in that directory copy them to a temporary folder. The target files are only resident for a few seconds, so I think the script needs to be running constantly. Any pointers would be really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if directory and file exists

cp $PATHLOGS/$DATE/*.* $TMP/logs_tmp/ cp $PATHLOGS/$DATE1/*.* $TMP/logs_tmp/ Before copying the files I have to check if the directory $DATE1 and $DATE2 exists. If directory exists then, check if the folder contains some files. if the file exists then, check if the file size is greater... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking whether the file exists under a directory and doing a diff

Hi Everyone, I am writing a shell script for the below needs and would like your suggestions and advices. I have a lot of scripting files(Shell Scripts) under the directory: /home/risk_dev/dev I have another directory which has a lot of shell scripts under the directory: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file exists in a directory?

I want to perform SQL *Loader operation only if a file named "load.txt" exists in a directory "/home/loc/etc". Please help how to check this with a if condition. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if the file exists in directory?

Hi Gurus, I have a requests to find if all the file in the filelist exist in certain directory. example: my filelist abc def ddd cde afg how can I find these 5 files exists at director /home/abc Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to copy the file in perl cgi script

Hello experts, I am facing an very typical problem and hope the issue can be solved. I have a page download.cgi in /cgi-bin folder. use CGI; use CGI::Carp qw ( fatalsToBrowser ); use File::Copy copy("C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether file exists in directory

Hi guys, I am beginner trying to learn unix. So any help is welcomed. My requirement is to check whether is a file exists in a particular directory or not. The directory path and filename are taken dynamically with user interaction. So the program should continue only if the $filename... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maris_markur
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check that at least one file exists in the directory.

There are some files with suffix dates like abc_20032019.dat abc_17032019.dat If at least one file exists then perform some operation else exit from execution. Korn shell ---------------------------------- array=($inputdir/abc*.dat) If ] ] then echo " file exits" else echo " file does... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh123
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If file pattern exists in directory then continue

he below looks in $dir for any pattern of fileone. As is, it executes but only returns File found if the exact format in the script exsists. Why isn't a pattern of fileone being looked for and if it is in $dir, File found. I think that is what should happen. Thank you :). dir=/path/to if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
cgi_cs_init(3)							     cgi/cgi.h							    cgi_cs_init(3)

NAME
cgi_cs_init - initialize CS parser with the CGI defaults SYNOPSIS
#include <cgi/cgi.h> NEOERR *cgi_cs_init(CGI *cgi, CSPARSE **cs); ARGUMENTS
cgi - a pointer a CGI struct allocated with cgi_init cs - a pointer to a CS struct pointer DESCRIPTION
cgi_cs_init initializes a CS parser with the CGI HDF context, and registers the standard CGI filters RETURN VALUE
cs - the allocated/initialized CS struct SEE ALSO
cgi_debug_init(3), cgi_parse(3), cgi_destroy(3), cgi_js_escape(3), cgi_html_escape_strfunc(3), cgi_register_strfuncs(3), cgi_output(3), parse_rfc2388(3), cgi_url_validate(3), open_upload(3), cgi_cs_init(3), cgi_url_escape_more(3), cgi_html_strip_strfunc(3), cgi_neo_error(3), cgi_redirect(3), cgi_filehandle(3), cgi_register_parse_cb(3), cgi_url_escape(3), cgi_init(3), cgi_redirect_uri(3), cgi_cookie_clear(3), cgi_url_unescape(3), cgi_vredirect(3), cgi_display(3), cgi_html_ws_strip(3), cgi_error(3), cgi_cookie_set(3), cgi_text_html_strfunc(3), cgi_cookie_authority ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cgi_cs_init(3)