Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Count Based on FileDate using Shell Script Post 302931707 by krish2014 on Thursday 15th of January 2015 12:38:43 AM
Old 01-15-2015
File Count Based on FileDate using Shell Script

I have file listed in my directory in following format

Code:
-rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test        test 4.9M Oct  3 16:06 test20141002150108.txt
-rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test        test 4.9M Oct  4 16:06 test20141003150108.txt
-rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test        test 4.9M Oct  5 16:06 test20141005150108.txt

I want Output in following format

Code:
DateMoved FileDate Count  Size
  Oct 3   20141002   1         4.9
  Oct 4   20141003   1         4.9
  Oct 5   20141005   3         14.7

Already I am using below script to determine DateMoved,Count and Size.

Code:
printf '\nDATE\tFILES\tSIZE\n'
cd /Mydir
ls -lrt | grep "^-" | awk '
{	nkey = $6$7
	if(key != nkey && key != "") {
		printf("%s\t%d\t%d\n", key, freq, size)
		freq = 1;
		size = $5
	} else {freq++
		size += $5
	}
	key = nkey
}
END {	printf("%s\t%d\t%d\n", key, freq, size)
}'

Help me to get FileDate as well based on the file name.
Appreciate your help.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to return all the ID's from file based on the distribution ID search

Hi, Please help me out on this I have to store some distribution lists(dl) in a file say mail.txt Say the file format be d1 = alok@yahoo.co.in;alvin@rediffmail.com;vijay@yahoo.com; & so on... d2 = abhinav@gmail.com;dalpit@hotmail.com;garima@yahoo.com;& so on... d3 = .... & so on Now what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumbhatalok
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to email based on flat file output

Hi All, I am a newbee in unix but still have written a shell script which should trigger a mail based on certain conditions but the problem is that my file is not being read. Below is the code please advise. I do not know where is it failing. Note $ and the no followed with it is the no of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apoorva
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to format file based on specific patterns

Please help me out and drag me out the deadlock I am stuck into: I have a file. I want the statements under a if...then condition be listed in a separate file in the manner condition|statement.Following are the different input pattern and corresponding output parameters.any generic code to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to get the arrival count of file

Hello All, I have come across a small problem. It would be great if any of you could help me in resolving the issue. one file named dummy.txt will be ftped to Unix machine twice daily. If i receive it second time in a day i need to do some processing with the file. How to find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print record count of a file using shell script

HI, I need to print the record count of a file using shell script. If the record count of a file excluding header and trailer record if greater than zero then print 'Record count of a file is xxxx records'. If the record count is zero print 'zero records' Thanks Mahendra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmeda
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate file count in korn shell script

Hi, I have files in the directory like below which I need to validate if all the required files are present. A_B_001 of 002_time1.txt A_B_002 of 002_time1.txt A_B_001 of 001_time2.txt Scenarios- a)If file with 001 of 002_time1 or 002 of 002_time1 is missing in the folder,script should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Dynamically Extract file content based on Parameters from a pdf file

Hi Guru's, I am new to shell scripting. I have a unique requirement: The system generates a single pdf(/tmp/ABC.pdf) file with Invoices for Multiple Customers, the format is something like this: Page1 >> Customer 1 >>Invoice1 + invoice 2 >> Page1 end Page2 >> Customer 2 >>Invoice 3 + Invoice 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIps
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell: Count The sum of numbers in a file

Hi all; Here is my file: V1.3=4 V1.4=5 V1.1=3 V1.2=6 V1.3=6 Please, can you help me to write a script shell that counts the sum of values in my file (4+5+3+6+6) ? Thank you so much for help. Kind regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux shell script to insert new lines based on delimiter count

The input file is a .dat file which is delimited by null (^@ in Linux). On a windows PC it looks something like this (numbers are masked with 1). https://i.imgur.com/nta2Gqp.jpg The entire file is in one row but it has multiple records - each record contains 80 fields i.e. there are 81 counts... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalnirvana
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run shell script based on date file

Hi Team, I have a to run a script based on a date present in a different file which updates everyday. Kindly help with the solution. My current execution : ksh scriptname.sh 10152019. But here i want to enter this date from a file which gets updated daily. My appraoch : date file location:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
Test::Script(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Script(3pm)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3pm)