Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to strip some characters before putting in array? Post 302931541 by ken6503 on Tuesday 13th of January 2015 04:08:53 PM
Old 01-13-2015
How to strip some characters before putting in array?

Hi Gurus,

my current code like below:
Code:
 nawk '{f1 = (NF>1)?$1:""}{print f1, $NF}'|sed -e 's/s(/,/g;s/)//g;s/ *,/,/'|nawk -F"," '{a[$1]b[$2]}END{for (i in b) if (!(i in a))print i}'

I have file like below. (this is autosys job dependencies)
the job with s() is dependencies, the job without s() is job need to be run. my task is to find all dependency jobs which not in the box. some of the above code I got from the folks in this fourm.

I am wondering if it is possible to remove
Code:
sed -e 's/s(/,/g;s/)//g;s/ *,/,/'

and in second awk, I can strip s() and put only job name in the array.

Code:
deptnm-appnm-code     -------     s(deptnm-ocode-30-ddd)
                                  s(deptnm-ocode-00-dum)
                                  s(deptnm-appnm-ecode)
deptnm-appnm-code-dld -------     s(deptnm-on-rundt-run)
                                  s(deptnm-appnm-ocodel-su)
                                  s(deptnm-appnm-ecode-dld)
                                  s(deptnm-ocode-50-curcnt)
deptnm-appnm-code-dum -------     s(deptnm-on-rundt-bp)

thanks in advance.

Last edited by ken6503; 01-13-2015 at 05:44 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strip characters after the last "/"

Hi, Could anybody please guide how to strip all charaters after the last '/' from a string in a shell script. I have got few strings like "/tmp/oracle/oradata1/abc" or "/var/log/backup/bdfd" and I want to strip anything after the last "/" i.e "abc" and "bdfd" in my case. Thanks, Jamal (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjaeasedqa
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create array holding characters from sring then echo array.

Hi, I wish to store $string1 in $string1array a character in each array element. Then i wish to echo the entire array to the screen so that it reads as the normal string again. I have been trying with the code below but does not work. Please help... To put string into array: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Array with special Characters

Hi, I would write a shell script to execute a series of command. However, if the cmd contains "-" in the array. It fails to do so. I'd tried use ', " or \ but get the same result. Output: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting a character between two other characters?

I need to separate Pascal style identifiers (TheyLookLikeThis) into words separated by an underscore (_). I've tried sed 's//&_&/' but this won't work (obviously). I'd love some help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip First few Characters

I want to strip first few characters from each record until a proper datesamp is found. Request for getNextPage.................06/29/12 07:49:30 VVUKOVIC@67.208.166.131{7A805FEF76A62FCBB23EA78B5380EF95.tomcat1}TP-Processor14 LogExchUsage: ERROR:: isprof=false : exch=NSDQ output should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help awk/sed: putting a space after numbers:to separate number and characters.

Hi Experts, How to sepearate the list digit with letters : with a space from where the letters begins, or other words from where the digits ended. file 52087mo(enbatl) 52049mo(enbatl) 52085mo(enbatl) 25051mo(enbatl) The output should be looks like: 52087 mo(enbatl) 52049... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking information from a postgres sql query and putting it into a shell script array

I have a postgres sql statement that is the following: select age from students; which gives me the entries: Age --- 10 15 13 12 9 14 10 which is about 7 rows of data. Now what I would like to do with this is use a shell script to create an array age. As a results... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSNY
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to strip control-A characters from a column in a file

Hi All, I currently have flat file with 32 columns. The field delimiter is cntl-A ( \x01). The file has been extracted from an oracle table using a datastage job. However, in the 6th field, the data contains additional control -A characters which came as a part of the table data. I need... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha1238
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting strings into positioning array in loop

i need to add 2 string variables into a positioning array , repeatedly - in loop. First string in $2, second to $3 then up to the desired count incrementing the "position". Using set -- alone does not increment the count so I end up with 2 variables in the array. How do I increment the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
7 Replies
SLURMSTEPD(8)							 Slurm components						     SLURMSTEPD(8)

NAME
slurmstepd - The job step manager for SLURM. SYNOPSIS
slurmstepd DESCRIPTION
slurmstepd is a job step manager for SLURM. It is spawned by the slurmd daemon when a job step is launched and terminates when the job step does. It is responsible for managing input and output (stdin, stdout and stderr) for the job step along with its accounting and sig- nal processing. slurmstepd should not be initiated by users or system administrators. COPYING
Copyright (C) 2006 The Regents of the University of California. Produced at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (cf, DISCLAIMER). CODE-OCEC-09-009. All rights reserved. This file is part of SLURM, a resource management program. For details, see <http://www.schedmd.com/slurmdocs/>. SLURM is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SLURM is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. SEE ALSO
slurmd(8) slurmstepd 2.0 September 2006 SLURMSTEPD(8)