Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in if else statements
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in if else statements Post 302931428 by pravin27 on Tuesday 13th of January 2015 05:26:16 AM
Old 01-13-2015
use below -- then keyword missing
Code:
if [ "$m" == "$S3" ]
then

instead
Code:
if [ $m == $S3 ]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

or statements?

how do i do an or in an if-then statement? i tried: if ; then bleh fi how???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blip
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Else in If Statements

Sorry to be a pain, but how does the else work in the if statements? Ive been making scripts with if statements but i cant get the else statements working. Can you help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help on IF statements.

I had different problem scenarios with IF statement. Can any expert please enlighten me on the difference with these scenarios. Thank you. 1st Scenario: testdate=`date +%Y%m` test=`cat /var/log/database0.$testdate*.log | grep "Errors found during processing" | tail -10` if then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filthymonk
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if statements

This is for a program I have to do to calculate the day of the week. I need to write an if statement that will do the following: if day is 29 and year is odd, don't calculate dayif ( day == 29 && year == ??? )I know how to do it for the day but I don't know how to do it for the year. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwanda
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP!! if statements

I am kind of new in Unix and i have to make a menu. I want to put an if statement in the menu. you should enter the filename and it goes to that file. How do i do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with IF statements

I am writing a script that does a search for a argument in a file and lists all like occurrences. The script verifies that it is a file and then runs another script that list the lines. My problem is that I need the script to accept a file or a directory and then go to that directory check all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zero3ree
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

vi and if statements

Hi I am very new to Unix programming and shell scripting. I am trying t figure out how to write a little script that will output the number of directories. I can find the number of directories using ls -l | grep "^d" | wc -l I can not figure out how to do it so when I type the name... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reddoug
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using While and If statements

Hi guys, Two problems I need solving please. I created a script where the user types in 7 numbers as standard input and each one is then stored in an array. Now I need to perform the following calculations on those numbers: 1) Use a while loop to determine the largest number in the range. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjb1989
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if and then statements

I came across a bash script that outputs the forecast for the day and the max temperature but at the end of the day the max temperature disappears ($6) and I am left with "°C" after the forecast. Here is the script: #! /bin/bash curl -s --connect-timeout 30... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: _light_
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Too many if statements..

Hello. I am new here and new to scripting. I used to have a very basic script that worked for simple backup/restore of files. I have expanded it and well... I have ended up with a complete mess. It still backs up and restores but there is so many issues that stem from the many if statements I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameinn
3 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)